• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Georgia versus Nambia Match

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Really no thread for this...?

Close match but not sure high quality as lot of errors...Georgia showed backline has little more to their side than just their forwards.....

Georgia just winning means they claim third spot and automatic qualification for next RWC which is huge achievement for them....and what they were targeting by resting key players for NZ match...

Nambia improved on recent years and hence we did not see 100+ point thrashings......they actually at times did play some good rugby.....

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Actually I am being too diplomatic it was very low quality match in terms of quality of rugby but high quality result for Georgia. But gees that was a bit painful to watch in terms of errors and scrapiness of play etc

Omar Comin'

Chilla Wilson (44)
I think Georgia would have won that match by 20+ most of the time. A lack of composure and lot of handling errors from Georgia (perhaps due to the match being so important to them) kept Namibia in it. I also think a few of the refereeing decisions went against them and that kept it close too. Georgia unlucky not to have a couple of tries in the first half as a result.

Namibia have been a lot more competitive than predicted though, so good for them.

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
Felt conflicted late in that match. Really wanted Namibians to finally get a win, but the automatic qualification for Georgia was so important, ultimately happy with the result, I think Georgian rugby will get more from 3rd place than Namibia could from 1 win.

Omar Comin'

Chilla Wilson (44)
Yeah I expect Georgia will now spend the next 4 years giving a lot of experience to their most promising younger players.

Their u-20's and u-18's have had the best results in their history this year, so there's obviously some good talent coming through. And already one of those guys, the 18 year old halfback has cemented a spot in the senior team. I think he's been really impressive in this tournament.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Actually I am being too diplomatic it was very low quality match in terms of quality of rugby but high quality result for Georgia. But gees that was a bit painful to watch in terms of errors and scrapiness of play etc

Probably the worst match of the RWC so far - really disappointing actually. Clancy is just an appalling referee, surely he can't be appointed to anything beyond the pool stages?

saulityvi

Syd Malcolm (24)
I think that on phase in the start of the second half really summed the game up, the Georgian 12 stepped through a gap, ran 50 meters and inside the Nam 22 threw a perfect pass to Namibian 15, he had about 143 other options there and took the worst of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.