• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Get Up!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
I lament the death of the Dems and voted for them on several occasions.

GetUP are just a garden variety political pressure group to me. One that is aligned more with the Greens and ALP than the Coalition. I listen to them about as much as I listen to the National Farmers Federation, the Australian Industry Group or the ACTU: not very much at all.

C

chief

The Liberal Democrats in the United Kingdom are in a Coalition with a Conservative government. Sadly there support was almost halved overnight when they joined a Coalition. Something like that is needed in Australia.

Cutter

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
I have been to their website a few times thank you very much. Just because you classify my post as innuendo doesn't mean it isn't true. Bookies would give some short prices on it.

It light of the advertisement that chief brings up, do you still think they are totally independent? You just love blindly defending anything I question, don't you?!

You're right, just because you speculate on something, it doesn't automatically mean its wrong. But I've seen it often enough to know that is usually what it means. If you have facts, you're not shy in bringing them forward. In this case, hit us with the facts if you've got them or don't phrase something as being the case when you're just speculating it to be so.

Cutter

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Here is another example of how GetUp only criticises poor old Tony Abbott.

[video=youtube;5itCHEX5hdk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5itCHEX5hdk&NR=1[/video]

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
That is mildly amusing. But firstly it is not as crassly political as the anti-Abbott ad, and also it has not received even a fraction of the airplay the Abbott one did. That is the first time I have seen it and I didn't even know it existed. The TA ad was everywhere for weeks before the election.

It's not even that critical of Julia. It parodies a few political blunders and quirks, but in the end it comes out in support of a Labor policy. Which is fine, but to state that this ad shows they are not pro-Labor (which is not exactly what you said I know) is pushing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.