• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

GF Super W – NSW v Qld

Beer Baron

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Defence by both sides - Brilliant.
NSW scrum v. good
Handling both sides - very poor.

Funny that a lot of them can throw an excellent ball but the handling in general play was a bit ordinary. I haven't watched enough women's rugby to know what that standard is like, obv. they aren't in the same environment to the 7's professionalism wise.
All in all though i found it quite enjoyable to watch. Plenty of ticker, cannot accuse them of not throwing everything at it.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Funny that a lot of them can throw an excellent ball but the handling in general play was a bit ordinary. I haven't watched enough women's rugby to know what that standard is like, obv. they aren't in the same environment to the 7's professionalism wise.
All in all though i found it quite enjoyable to watch. Plenty of ticker, cannot accuse them of not throwing everything at it.

I think a lot of it is the level of professionalism. It's hard to execute those skills under fatigue and without that ability to be full time professionals and really train harder for more of the year it's difficult to have the fitness levels required.

There is such a huge increase in the quality of women's sport (or sport in general) as soon as the participants have the ability to dedicate themselves to it full time.