• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Go Magpies

Status
Not open for further replies.

nesty

Frank Row (1)
Unfortunately Swillo5 has made a number of blatantly incorrect statements. If seeing Souths pick up the wooden spoon warms the cockles of the heart, then you haven't got too much to warm up. Obviously you've been made to look foolish by the club in the past; still that's not a reason to make the totally incorrect statement that the club is arrogant. Souths is probably the least arrogant club in the competition. Another incorrect assertion that Souths made a prems GF and won a colts GF a couple of years ago as a direct result of handing out $$$ is total drivel. It never happened. Souths didn't have the dollars then and don't have them now. They are struggling financially like most other clubs. The magpies demise that you enjoy watching suggests you should drink your warm milk, then have a bex and lie down. Sorry to disappoint, but your tip that they will be in the cellar or thereabouts on a regular basis for the next decade only proves you know little about club spirit. But then again, perhaps you are too old and too cynical as you stated.

Pauly

Sydney Middleton (9)
Souths will be back. Plenty of spirit there for sure. Some consistency with coaches and players for a couple of years and they will be competitive again.

Cat_A

Arch Winning (36)
I may have my years mixed up (apologies if so) but didn't Souths lose their Premier Coach at the end of last season, along with a chunk of players who followed him, and his replacement only a week or two before this season began? I'd challenge any club, irrespective of financial status, to withstand that.

Further, when Uni played Souths in the beginning of the season, they gave us a bloody good scare. They are better than their performances suggested-in the 2nd round, it was close at halftime and they just ran out of legs (or so it appeared). Their 3rd grade side made the finals, they had a Colts 2 team in the finals also.

I think there are many short memories: few remember when Sunnybank were a struggling club, Uni got the wooden spoon, and Souths Colts won all 3 premierships (or at least 2 of the 3) but all of these have happened within the last 10 years. These days, anyone writing off a club runs a huge risk of getting egg smeared all over their faces. I hope for the sake of the comp, and for rugby in Qld, that Souths are able to have a stable pre-season and go into next year stronger.

Their burgers are also up there with the best in the comp.

Status
Not open for further replies.