• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Gold Coast 7s

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
Talking to the father of a lad at Farrer today he told me that Farrer and St. Gregs Campbelltown are playing at the Gold Coast 7s. A great result as both schools are traditionally League schools from memory and Farrer are the reigning League Schools Champs.

He had a funny story in that the other school teams are getting flown to the Gold Coast but the Official was left flabbergasted by the cost flights from Tamworth to the Gold Coast so Farrer are on the bus. Apparently the official didn't even know where Farrer was, the father thought it funny I think it a disgrace and a black mark against the development officer for Tamworth/New England.

Sorry if this info has been posted elsewhere.

WorkingClassRugger

David Codey (61)
Talking to the father of a lad at Farrer today he told me that Farrer and St. Gregs Campbelltown are playing at the Gold Coast 7s. A great result as both schools are traditionally League schools from memory and Farrer are the reigning League Schools Champs.

He had a funny story in that the other school teams are getting flown to the Gold Coast but the Official was left flabbergasted by the cost flights from Tamworth to the Gold Coast so Farrer are on the bus. Apparently the official didn't even know where Farrer was, the father thought it funny I think it a disgrace and a black mark against the development officer for Tamworth/New England.

Sorry if this info has been posted elsewhere.

St Greg's have been dabbling in Rugby since back in my day. The previous and present headmasters are/were Rugby men.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Actually really looking forward to GC 7s, though I not usually a fan of 7s, my Golden Oldies team have decided to make this our end of season gig, so if you notice a few jokers a little past their prime in not to flash a condition and looking a bit lost, just sterr us back to GC Holiday Inn if you don't mind.::)::)

WorkingClassRugger

David Codey (61)
With St Greg's, I'm trying to get in contact with an old teacher and Rugby coach who still has a fair bit to do with the school to find out whether this team will be composed of the boys who play in the ISA competition or a mixture with the League boys from next years 1st XIII.

Status
Not open for further replies.