• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

good tv shows i havent seen?

matty_k

Peter Johnson (47)
Staff member
No particular order

The Wire
Deadwood
Arrested Development
Better Off Ted
Chuck
The Pacific
Archer

DPK

Peter Sullivan (51)
Seinfeld (probably seen it, but its worth a rewatch)
The Inbetweeners
Yes, Minister
The Mighty Boosh

All comedies.

RugbyFuture

Lord Logo
wire too hard to follow, seen deadwood, arrested development, chuck the mighty boosh

yes minister? really, i thought you were young dpk? i'll check the others but im watching the inbetweeners and the pacific already on tv.

prefer stuff like chuck and reaper, good shows, im a bit of a nerd too so its like stargate ive already seen and dollhouse

matty_k

Peter Johnson (47)
Staff member
RugbyFuture said:
wire too hard to follow

You're really missing out.
The creators of The Wire have started a new show called Treme based in New Orleans and how music is helping people get their lives back to normal.

DPK

Peter Sullivan (51)
RugbyFuture said:
yes minister? really, i thought you were young dpk? i'll check the others but im watching the inbetweeners and the pacific already on tv.

I am young! But I dont know anyone else my age that has seen, let alone likes Yes, Minister.

It's a cracker. Some of the monologues show how intricate the English language is. Plus, the things that happen in Yes, Minister happy every day in Australia's government.

RugbyFuture

Lord Logo
...and then it becomes yes, prime minister....

i'll stick with monty python

havent you seen my proposal for the australian rugby party? question time is gonna be a big scrum...

Entourage is crap! mad men i've seen, cant seem to find girl races and i cant stand new zealand accents, dont they irritate your mind moses?

geez you guys are useless.... :p

Gagger

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Staff member
matty_k said:
RugbyFuture said:
wire too hard to follow

You're really missing out.
The creators of The Wire have started a new show called Treme based in New Orleans and how music is helping people get their lives back to normal.

The Wire is correctly acknowledged as the best TV series there has ever been.

You could always do Generation Kill (what they did after the Wire) and then go back when you realise what a chump you've been

cheezel

Bill Watson (15)
The wire is awesome, best show I've seen since Deadwood.

Curb Your Enthusiasm, West Wing, Mad Men, Extras

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
My fave shows are:

- Frontline
- The Games
- the Micallef Show
- Blackadder
- Fawlty Towers
- Arrest Development
- D Gen LAte Show

- Have most the Entourage series on DVD but am a bit over it. Although I still think this is may be my fave tv moment:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qKNV5foRiL4

You need Jo-Jo the Dog Faced bitch Boy, call Josh Winefuck. The lightweight pen stealing fuck face.

Of current shows? Gee Breaking Bad is unique and very watchable. If you want something different, that's pretty damn good.

Scarfman

Knitter of the Scarf
OK, hold onto your dick, I've got the best show ever for you.

Eastbound and Down.

Check it out.

Moses

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
Noddy said:
You need Jo-Jo the Dog Faced bitch Boy, call Josh Winefuck. The lightweight pen stealing fuck face.
Entourage is all about Ari Gold, he's fucking brilliant. Got a bit softer in the later series but I watched some of the early stuff and he's ruthless

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Moses said:
Noddy said:
Entourage is all about Ari Gold, he's fucking brilliant. Got a bit softer in the later series but I watched some of the early stuff and he's ruthless
I love Entourage, but only for Ari. Grade A lunatic, and funny as hell. And probably not 100 miles from reality.

C

chief

Big fan of Entourage. Looking forward to the new season, a shame the later ones don't involve a little more Ari.

The Good Wife is a decent new show if you haven't seen it, has some good story lines. Law & Order SVU is another good one. Nip Tuck too is good, although has some story lines which probably shouldn't have been touched on.

James Buchanan

Trevor Allan (34)
Noddy said:
Of current shows? Gee Breaking Bad is unique and very watchable. If you want something different, that's pretty damn good.

I agree, its very good.

Probably my favourite show of the moment.