• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

good tv shows i havent seen?

boyo

Mark Ella (57)
I use Google Chrome for my internet browser. With the "hola" extension on Chrome I'm able to unblock BBC iPlayer. Perhaps using this method ABC iView can be unblocked in the UK.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Just watched the first episode of season 2 of House of Cards. Wow. Not going to get much done for the rest of the weekend as I try and watch 12 more episodes.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
True Detective is some bewilderingly sharp shit.

keen for season 2 of "The Americans" from feb 26, the undercover russki spies set in 1981 jesusland

onto the House of Cards although everyone is such a vicious horrid lying wanker to every other prick I'm starting to wonder what sort of "entertainment" it is I'm watching....

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
True Detective with Woody Harrelson and Matthew McConaughey is well worth a watch. McConaughey is outstanding in it.

It's currently on Foxtel.
Best TV show. EVER.

I felt depressed when it ended. It's that good.

The performances, script, production, cinematography. All awesome.

McConaughey's performance is epic. Tour de Force.

Looking forward to the next series. It was pitched to HBO as a series of unrelated stories. They will have to pull some finger to live up to the first.

Watching "Rectify" right now (apparently from the Breaking Bad people). Warning it is very slow. But good. Give it time.

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
True Detective with Woody Harrelson and Matthew McConaughey is well worth a watch. McConaughey is outstanding in it.

It's currently on Foxtel.

I'll get on the bandwagon for this one too. Finished watching it last night, watched the last three episodes in succession. Still got the intro sequence stuck in my head. Up there with Breaking Bad for cinematography, story line and acting. The next season I hope will be awesome. Woody at his best since natural born killers, Matt well he has just smashed out another winner. He's interested in season 2, supposedly set for a California scene.

For more new stuff go watch Helix. If you don't link things that go bump in the night, then don't watch this. The plot twists had me guessing most times.

Without trolling through the entire thread I'll assume everyone has covered GoT, TWD and SoA. Votes for all from me.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
I watched Silicone Valley and really enjoyed it. If your into nerdy comedies you'll like it. There is a scene in the final episode that had me in stitches.