• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

good tv shows i havent seen?

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
slight rant here excuse me but how the FUCK did Kenny goddamn Powers NOT win an Emmy Award for Best Comedy?

"Orange is the new Black"? Lasted all of 5 minutes with this one. Its a drama set in a fucking womens prison! MISERABLE!

drama= not comedy.
Women= not comedy*
prison = no fun. prison+ drama? = NOT COMEDY.

wFT

*Women and Comedy? Women were put on gods black earth to RUIN comedy and fun, not get fucking awards for it! JOAN RIVERS EXCEPTED.

VEEP? lasted 30 seconds with this bullshit. The unfunny woman from Seinfeld. See above.
Modern Family. made it thru about 2 minutes. Thought about "Louie" the whole time, a real person vs these hokum glib OTT actors.
LOUIE. hardly a comedy these days, more just some real cnut doing real shit.
The Big Bang Theory: gaylord laughtrack bullshit. Kenny Powers shits straight down the throat of this one while leisurely pissing all the way down to the bottom of its well.

eastb1_zps66b10d16.gif

eastb3_zps897d5653.gif

eastb2_zps17c31f3e.gif

eastb4_zpsa490134b.gif

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Gotham looks good. Hopefully Foxtel pick it up.

Really looking forward to The Newsroom returning. One of my favourite shows.

I've watched a bit of Outlanders and it is a bit chick focused. Waiting for some action.

I couldn't watch Orange is the new Black.

Peaky Blinders started off ok on BBC First. Not sure if I'll keep going though.

The best thing on at the moment though is Last week tonight. Its like Colbert and The Daily Show on steroids. I'm becoming a huge John Oliver fan.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Watching Black Sails. It's ok and better than what my wife is watching on commercial TV.

Troy

Jim Clark (26)
Anyone seen any of these? Any good before I go hunting for them?

Marry Me
Haven
Black-ish
Selfie
Gracepoint
The Flash
Thanks

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member

From this list I've giving Z Nation a go. For what it is it's OK, got some funny moments but doesn't take itself too seriously. You can be entertained in 40min. If you're expecting the walking dead V2 you will be sadly dissapointed. It probably has about 2 to 3 seasons in it. I was a little excited to see Harold Perrineau in it, but that didn't last long. don't recognize any of the other cast members.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
The Detectorists written and starring Gareth from The Office is worth a burl.

gave Madam Secretary a go, a few episodes in now so it must be alright. Although the main couple are so utterly, utterly flawless I think I might be just watching in the vain hope that one of them unveils a horrific character flaw or casual predilection for some shocking hobby, a gimp in the basement, or bumpicking on the bus, or something. Gimme something!

Handsome Dad is an ex-fighter pilot who became a University Professor as well as being a teen mag heart throb. Beautiful Mum is ex-CIA then became University Professor then Secretary of State. Meanwhile Mum has arms (triceps, woah) and a general bod that looks like about 10 hours a week of intense gym work. I'm sure people like this do actually exist but wft

Gibbo

Ron Walden (29)
Walking dead goes into the mid seation hiatus after this coming episode. While the budget has been upped for TWD this season with bigger locations and events, I'm not too sure the spread out, massive ensemble cast is working like it used to.

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
If you haven't been watching Homeland season 4, it's been a cracker of a series. Lots of WTF (as in, wow) moments and a fairly good story arc that keeping me and missus oztimmay interested.

Tiger

Alfred Walker (16)
If you haven't been watching Homeland season 4, it's been a cracker of a series. Lots of WTF (as in, wow) moments and a fairly good story arc that keeping me and missus oztimmay interested.

Agreed, best season since the first one I think.

Gibbo

Ron Walden (29)
Started watched Selfie.
Its a very well written modern adaptation of Pygmalion (the two main character names are Eliza Dooley and Henry Higgs).
Its a clever look into the narcissistic lifestyle.
It's been cancelled though.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
My girlfriend has been entranced by "secret eaters"

Essentially fat f*cks who swear they live on lettuce are then followed around and filmed eating massive burgers, packets of biscuits and 15 pints of cider and then confronted with the evidence

Terrible show, like watching a car crash about to happen

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
Last ever episode of Sons of Anarchy tonight.

It's certainly time for it to end but it's been one of my favourite shows ever. Some brilliant TV along the way.

Agree, brilliant TV. Up there with Breaking Bad.

I've been banking up the last four episodes and save for a SoA marathon, but I slipped and I watched episodes 10 and 11 last night (brilliant BTW). I'm told episode 12 is a real doozie; that migth be tonight but I thin kthe wife has booked me in for an episode of Homeland.

Do you think Kurt Sutter is going to make the prequel series that focuses on John Teller and Clay Morrow in their early years? Would be a cracker of a series.