• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

good tv shows i havent seen?

Tex

John Thornett (49)

Good shout. Hollywood remakes of European cinema usually compare poorly.

Tex

John Thornett (49)
I'm sure it's been discussed but I'll throw it back in the ring anyway...

Oz.

The first few seasons are still some of my favourite television moments and characters. Walter White's character borrows heavily from Beacher, in particular his descent into madness and the dark side of his psyche.

And Adibisi is a stone cold mother fucker.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
If you get a chance watch "The Bridge" which was also a highly rated Scandinavian crime TV production - but again the English language US knock-off version is top notch. The plots are completely different, though Series 1 of both had the same grisly start.
yeah I was well and truly hooked on the seppo one, great stuff
Fargo is/was brilliant
damn how good ws that, up to ep3 attheIhomo, although after ep1 at 68 mins, I was sort of hoping they'd have a new plot for each episode, ep1 worked so well that it couldve ended there. **spoiler** ep2 was reduced to just tying up loose ends really

Lookign forward the "The Americans" coming back Jan 28th. Top spy shit form the 80's

Got hooked on the 2 short seasons of "The Fall" an Irish serial killer thing. Great stuff, lots of foreboding creepytime music

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
OK, whilst in Italy, I watched a bit of their New Years Eve show.

MY GOD!

I have never seen so many sexy stunners (over 20) on one stage. They appeared to be there just to gyrate sexily, in short little black dresses, during each song.

Absolutely mesmerising

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
OK, whilst in Italy, I watched a bit of their New Years Eve show.

MY GOD!

I have never seen so many sexy stunners (over 20) on one stage. They appeared to be there just to gyrate sexily, in short little black dresses, during each song.

Absolutely mesmerising

Shocking - OK if you like that kind of thing I suppose - and we do.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
yeah I was well and truly hooked on the seppo one, great stuff

damn how good ws that, up to ep3 attheIhomo, although after ep1 at 68 mins, I was sort of hoping they'd have a new plot for each episode, ep1 worked so well that it couldve ended there. **spoiler** ep2 was reduced to just tying up loose ends really

Lookign forward the "The Americans" coming back Jan 28th. Top spy shit form the 80's

Got hooked on the 2 short seasons of "The Fall" an Irish serial killer thing. Great stuff, lots of foreboding creepytime music

Just saw an ad announcing season II of Fargo on foxtel.

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
Just finished binge-watching the final season of Californication. Besides it's wayward scripts in seasons 5 to 6, I enjoyed the last season - classic Hank. Finale was a good way to end it all. Still love season three the most...

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Can you name a good remake? I'm struggling to think of one.

Like others have said, The Bridge. Both the original Danish version and the US/Mexican version were great, but not so good was the UK version, The Tunnel.

Also, The Killing currently showing Season 3 of the US version, based on an earlier very good Norwegian (I think) show.

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
That feeling when you finish binge watching a TV series
42c6c860cbba6d720215cbda298361cb.jpg

Tiger

Alfred Walker (16)
Anyone seen the new 12 Monkeys?

Yeah I watched the pilot the other day. Really didn't do it for me, unfortunately which is a shame as I liked the movie when it came out. The pilot feels very 90s to me!

Can I strongly recommend The Missing and Manhattan - hadn't heard much about either of them but was really pleasantly surprised at how good they are. The Missing gets you hooked and is very much for binge watching. Manhattan is more of a slow burn but it's really interesting and very well done. Draws you right in by the end of the season

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Watched a doco tonight on 'eco-terrorism' in the USA - If a Tree Falls. Raises questions about the nature and veracity of environmental protest actions being classified as terrorism. Whether or not those actions involving arson are justified (and I'm not suggesting they are), the response of the authorities using tactics that might be described as state-endorsed brutality towards peaceful protesters was eye-opening. Most of the activists seemed to later accept that their actions were wrong and achieved little or nothing in themselves.

One thing is certain, the best outcome for a perpetrator is to be the first one caught as they then have the opportunity to plea bargain to achieve a very satisfactory outcome for themselves.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
Can I strongly recommend The Missing and Manhattan - hadn't heard much about either of them but was really pleasantly surprised at how good they are.

Yeah The Missing gets you in and I hear that's there's a Season 2 going to happen.

Don't know anything about Manhattan so I looked it up and the topic of the series was certainly enthralling in real life; so I can imagine how what a TV version would be like.

Is it on Aussie TV ??

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Another good remake of course was Homeland, based on or inspired by the Israeli series The Prisoner which itself was compelling viewing.

Tiger

Alfred Walker (16)
Yeah The Missing gets you in and I hear that's there's a Season 2 going to happen.

Don't know anything about Manhattan so I looked it up and the topic of the series was certainly enthralling in real life; so I can imagine how what a TV version would be like.

Is it on Aussie TV ??

Ah now that you mention it I watched it through a US iTunes account. Can't seem to find out a local air date. Sorry about that - I assumed that it had been picked up by Foxtel!