• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

good tv shows i havent seen?

boyo

Mark Ella (57)
Starting to use Foxtel's box sets function to watch some shows I have missed. I now have churned through Ray Donovan. When ever you think your family has issues, watch a couple episodes of this to see what true dysfunction is all about

Series 2 is on "BoxSets"

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
Whilst half of my Plex server remains in ruins (curse you cheap HDDs) I'm now watching old series like the original House of Cards Triology. Got that Urquhart fella was a heartless bastard.

Yeah I watched that original British series when it first came out and I agree Urquhart was an absolute bastard.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt suffering a bit from every character having the same unrealistically glib sharpness to them.

True Detective well on the way to shitting the bed completely. All over the shop

The Last Ship S2 has been surprisingly great. That first episode was like a goddamn full budget movie. As was ep 2 really.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
True Detective season 2 is great........... not as good as the first, but the bandwagon criticism is over the top.

matty_k

Peter Johnson (47)
Staff member
I don't get the criticism that it if crap because McConaughey and Harrelson aren't in it. The show wasn't set up for them to come back also why as characters would they ever want to solve a crime again?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

T

Train Without a Station

I think there's too many character's. It has improved but the first 2 episodes just seemed too busy and too rushed trying to introduce every character.

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
Bojack Horseman Season 2 comes out on Friday. Do yourself a favour and give season 1 a shot if you have netflix. Starts off a little bit like generic adult swim comedy, but hits it's stride and becomes something else, that I can't quite describe but really enjoy.

boyo

Mark Ella (57)
Whenever I watch Ray Donovan I can't help but laugh when Abby said "What the fuck Ray?"

Gibbo

Ron Walden (29)
season 2 of AMCs Halt and Catch fire is great.
I've said it all along - Strong females drive strong shows. They've given Cameron and Donna much bigger and roles this season and its paying off. Hopefully season 3 gets the green light. I'd love to see them get thru to the times of Doom/Quake etc.

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
I think there's too many character's. It has improved but the first 2 episodes just seemed too busy and too rushed trying to introduce every character.

I think this is the problem too; far too many protagonists. Season 1 worked well because you only had two; plenty of time to dive into the back story, whilst focusing on the main plot line of solving the crime. Season two we find ourselves bouncing between four of them and we only get a glimpse of the inner character. The main story arc is still solid and should end well.

I'm totally not convinced that Vince Vaughan was a great casting choice as a bad guy. He's done WAY too many romcom bullshit movies to make me thing he's a bad man. The dental work he did in episode three was a little brutal

Thankfully, the story is starting to heat up. Episode four ended with an almighty bang. Massive gunfight scene typically saved for big action movies. Lots of carnage, big bodycount, three spent cops.

T

Train Without a Station

Interestingly wasn't episode 4 of season 1 the gun fight in the housing project? Seems that's when they choose to turn the heat up.

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
Interestingly wasn't episode 4 of season 1 the gun fight in the housing project? Seems that's when they choose to turn the heat up.

Bang on! Just had a look and you were right.

I should point out that I loooooooooooove the opening sequences of both season 1 and 2. If you could give an emmy for just that alone, I'd pay them now.

T

Train Without a Station

But yeah. Too many protagonists. Too much chopping and changing trying to tell each story. In season 1 it was just the 2. You knew a little bit and learned more about them organically along the way.

It seems like they've tried to emphasize each character's back story too much this time around at the expense of the story unfolding ahead.

T

Train Without a Station

By the way been watching Suits season 5. Pretty shit. Become a little too predictable and more of a trashy drama.

Have actually been watching an older program. Rescue Me starting Dennis Leary. Quite funny once you get into the first season. Dark at times too.

Gibbo

Ron Walden (29)
re Suits - I'm giving S5 the benefit of the doubt. It's been renewed for S6 so they must have decent plans ahead.