• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

good tv shows i havent seen?

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
was i the only one who was a little bit fucked off at the true detective finale? really failed to live up to the heights of season 1.
ha yeah, I'm the opposite, tuned in for the finale and it definitely held my attention. (when I wasnt fast-forwarding past the sooky clanging 12-minute V.Vaughn exchanges with his wife)

Gave up on season 2 after about 4 episodes when i realized "this is supposed to be a murder mystery but after 4 episodes, halfway there, it still has zero intrigue; I dont give a shit who killed "Casper."

S2's legacy iHomo will be wooden dialogue that managed to rappel, rape and repel you out of almost every scene. Getting a handle on the narrative? Thats when they hiff in more unknown shit out of nowhere that goes on for minutes of talking about some shit that is supposed to have something to do with everything but we just do not fucking know and no single character has managed to engender any sort of empathy in the viewer as to why they should care.

Pure entropy in motion.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
My 1st XV of Active TV Shows

1. Game of Thrones. the bookend
2. 8 out of 10 cats. short, quick, and gets very ugly very fast.
3. The Leftovers. nasty piece of work, perfect for the front row
4. The Last Ship. a lumbering big deal but still works
5. Homeland. complements #4.
6. The Americans. dirty deeds done dirt cheap
7. Fargo. G.O.A.T.
8. ?
9. Better Call Saul. always busy and just will not shut up
10. The Good Wife. getting on experienced but keeps making good decisions
11. Adventure Time. animated insanity fluffing about on the wing.
12. The Blacklist. dependable yet full of tricks
13. Ray Donovan. carries the required heft plus keeps you guessing.
14. Rick and Morty. even more animated insanity fluffing about on the other wing
15. Supernatural. the old custodian

stampy

Frank Row (1)
I'll chime in - in no particular order (and haven't read through all 19 pages), but my Top 20 from the last few years is:

• Banshee (OK, it's my #1 for a reason!)
  • Vikings
  • Hell On Wheels
  • Justified
  • Peaky Blinders
  • Braquo (it's French, dark, and brilliant)
  • Game of Thrones
  • Mad Men
  • Forbrydelsen (Danish)
  • Breaking Bad
  • Misfits
  • Strike Back
  • The Knick
  • Eastbound & Down
  • Brooklyn Nine-Nine
  • Arrow
  • The Tunnel (with Stephen Dillane from GoT)
  • Boardwalk Empire
  • Deadwood
  • The Walking Dead
Feedback and comments always welcome. As long as it's good, and they agree with my own

WorkingClassRugger

David Codey (61)
I'll chime in - in no particular order (and haven't read through all 19 pages), but my Top 20 from the last few years is:

• Banshee (OK, it's my #1 for a reason!)
  • Vikings
  • Hell On Wheels
  • Justified
  • Peaky Blinders
  • Braquo (it's French, dark, and brilliant)
  • Game of Thrones
  • Mad Men
  • Forbrydelsen (Danish)
  • Breaking Bad
  • Misfits
  • Strike Back
  • The Knick
  • Eastbound & Down
  • Brooklyn Nine-Nine
  • Arrow
  • The Tunnel (with Stephen Dillane from GoT)
  • Boardwalk Empire
  • Deadwood
  • The Walking Dead
Feedback and comments always welcome. As long as it's good, and they agree with my own

Just watched the first season of Brooklyn Nine Nine on Netflix. Really enjoyed it. Found a new favourite show now that Community seems to have finished.

Gibbo

Ron Walden (29)
Twas a very solid return for TWD. The black and white 'flash backs' were a nice nod to the Books

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
Haven't watch TWD S6 yet, but all ready to go on the PVR.
Did other watch 'Fear the Walking Dead". Impressions from the masses? I Thought the finale was good and I'll give season 2 a shot.
Blacklist Season three has kicked off nicely. The wife and I watched it together and usually get blindsided by the story. Every time it happens, i just yell out 'Reddington, swagger'
Homeland is back on, haven't see it yet but again sitting on the PVR ready to watch.

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
If there are comic book fans out there, I'd like to plug Agents of Shield.

Even the most diehard fanboys would admit the first 10-15 episodes were poor television. But the last 8-10 episodes of season 1 were very good, season 2 continued that, and Season 3, from the first few episodes is becoming good television in its own right, not just an accompaniment for the greater universe.

Its not breaking bad, or GOT, or even The Flash, but it's something I'm really anticipating on a Wednesday now, rather than catching up when I've got time for it.