• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

good tv shows i havent seen?

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
New Luther was a two episode Winter Special, both aired last night.

It was good, but the perhaps not as good as the earlier Seasons, of which 2 remains my favourite for reasons I can't articulate.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Like others have said, seasons one and two were good. It started to fall down around season three. Four and five, they just looked out of ideas. It was watchable, but it just lacked those 'oh fuck what was that" moments that keep a viewer hooked.

Here's the thing: they've got an experienced military man with them, growling orders about "squad leaders take initiative!" and "wait until they get into range!" but hasn't shown them jack shit about cover-and-move, keeping a safe distance during combat, and any form of stealth.

And these fucking aliens, for all their technology, have the worst targeting systems in the fucking universe.

Yet, here I am, early in Season 5, just wanting to see what the fuck happens next.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Not to mention the gigantic waste of fucking ammo, though their ability to replace it is realistic, because America.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
And the fact that all that petrol they keep finding would have gone off in a few months, unless everything is diesel.

I'll stop now.

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
The rant is strong with this one...

Here's the thing: they've got an experienced military man with them, growling orders about "squad leaders take initiative!" and "wait until they get into range!" but hasn't shown them jack shit about cover-and-move, keeping a safe distance during combat, and any form of stealth.

And these fucking aliens, for all their technology, have the worst targeting systems in the fucking universe.

Yet, here I am, early in Season 5, just wanting to see what the fuck happens next.

It's like they went to the Storm Trooper school of shooting, right? They have done this planet invasion thing 1,000 times over and managed to fuck it up. Against humans, with no real military force. And no real big weapons. Scattered to the far reaches of 'merica. The 2nd Mass, against the bigwigs of the ENTIRE Alien Army.

I reckon mot people after the second season were..

miss_cheerilee__dafaq_by_un_worst-d4unhey.jpg

But as we sit here and rant about the gaping holes in the plot, and the sub-standard acting, and the mediocre special effects - we all still watched it. I myself watched it, right through to the end.

Pfitzy, I think you know how the story ends. And yes, I chose this image especially for you.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Hard to stop when its on NetFlix and just keeps rolling through.

So now, I kind of have it running on the tablet next to me while I'm working, and just listen to the awful, awful dialogue.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Right. Finally finished it. Let us never speak of this again

P.S. Doctor Stupid Lady - if you're wounded, get medical attention sooner rather than later.

It stops you dying, and therefore stops unnecessary plot devices involving random aliens that dress up like Professor Stupid Man's ex-wife

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Finished The Last Kingdom and really enjoyed it.

Watched the first episode of Vinyl and enjoyed it. Thought Andrew Dice-Clay was fantastic.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
will always have time for Danny Mcbride after Eastbound and Down.......

eastb3_zps897d5653.gif

.......but jeez judging by the trailer his new one already looks like it might be a misstep

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Bosch, SBS 1 (HD), from Wed. 29th July

With millions of fans around the world, LAPD homicide Detective Harry Bosch finally comes to television in this new series based on Michael Connelly's best-selling books. "Gripping.The series works like a good page-turner". NY Times

http://www.sbs.com.au/programs/bosch?position=CTA&cid=23224

The actor who played Marlo in The Wire is Bosch's offsider, and the actor who played Cedric Daniels in The Wire is the police chief/commissioner.

My wife and I are most of the way through the first season. We're really enjoying it after having read most of the books in the past.

I think Titus Welliver is well cast as Bosch and Jamie Hector (Marlo Stanfield from the wire is great! He also looks like he hasn't aged a day from The Wire which is kind of crazy because it was a decade ago).

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
OK, watched the Season 6 finale of the Walking Dead last night. So much to process.

• First off, I fucking hand cliffhangers where I have to wait an entire 6 months to find out the answer.
  • The first and most obvious questions is, who got clubbed by Luculle / Negan. Tons of theories on this. Robert Kirkman said it was a 'beloved character', so clearly it wasn't Eugene, Sasha or Rosita. Probably not Abraham either. Since they've got so far off the comic book script it probably isn't Glenn either. My theory is was someone on the left of Rick, somewhere near Carl.
  • How were the Saviors so good at tracking Rick's group? A fan forum I read thinks there could have been a spy in Ricks group, say Enid. They also made a link between Maggie's illness and how it wasn't symptoms of a pregnancy illness. Theory is she was poisoned by Enid in order to get the group of of Alexandrina
Up there with one of the best finales in the show's history. At least Game of Thrones starts up in less than a month. More mind fucking cliffhangers to screw with my mind.

blindsider

Billy Sheehan (19)
Is anyone watching 11/22/63. Most intense show I've ever seen. Adaptation of Steven Kings book of the same name. Directed by JJ abrahms and james Franco. Look it up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sandpit Fan

Nev Cottrell (35)
Is anyone watching 11/22/63. Most intense show I've ever seen. Adaptation of Steven Kings book of the same name. Directed by JJ abrahms and james Franco. Look it up

Didn't know they had turned it into a series. I will be after that right away. Amazing book, should be an absolute belter of a series.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
With only a couple of episodes to go I think it's safe to say that Vinyl has been a big disappointment considering the talent involved..........

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)

Abrams is a producer on the show, but hasn't directed any episodes.........

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Ok with season 6 of Game of Thrones imminent (isn't it?), I've been a somewhat late comer and basically watched it all last year after someone gave me a hard drive of eps.

What's the legal ways of watching it this year? What channel or streaming service is it on?