• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

good tv shows i havent seen?

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Slight bummer that it looks like their will be no season 3 of WAYWARD PINES. writer did Stranger Things.

rICK & mORTY SEASON 3 aPR 24TH

"The Expanse" scifi futurey star trek thingy, vaguely hooked on this. Wild how some of these new tv episodes look to have the budget of a whole goddamn movie.

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
Slight bummer that it looks like their will be no season 3 of WAYWARD PINES. writer did Stranger Things.

rICK & mORTY SEASON 3 aPR 24TH

"The Expanse" scifi futurey star trek thingy, vaguely hooked on this. Wild how some of these new tv episodes look to have the budget of a whole goddamn movie.

I blame you DP for getting me into Rick and Morty. Glad you did.

Also - Silicon Valley back on the air on the same day. More nerd brutalness. Guyfoyle and Bachman - fuckin mint.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Has anyone watched Mr Robot season 2? I loved season 1 but haven't been drawn back in to watch season 2 yet. Heard somewhat mixed things.

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
Has anyone watched Mr Robot season 2? I loved season 1 but haven't been drawn back in to watch season 2 yet. Heard somewhat mixed things.

I enjoyed it, but didn't think it was good as Season 1. It had enough "oh fuck" moments to draw me back.

Pedrolicus

Dick Tooth (41)
Found, and watched. It was everything I expected it to be. Now, I have a craving for schezwan sauce.
Screenshot_2017-04-04-12-54-50.png

Sign the petition.

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
If only I ate McDonalds. My local Chinese does a lovely chicken w/ Schezwan and Cashews. Carrots are thrown in for good measure.

This lovely concoction, and a smattering of Sriracha sauce on other meals means I'm fairly happy in the spicy sauce world. Sadly, my guy says otherwise (sometimes).

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
big falloff for me. went away from the fancy dan fight the man computey doodacky talk to a giant wft

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
holy shit the flight of the conchords guy popping up in Legion?

Legion-1.04-Chapter-4-Jermaine.png

and in an astral plane no less.

Finally, an accent that made SENSE!

A couple of episodes after Jemaine Clement first appears is the best episode of the season so far. Amazing TV. I think it is episode 7, the second last one of the season.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Stumbled upon The Principal on SBS last week. Has Alex Dimitriades in the lead role. Some good Aussie drama based on a western Sydney Boys High school.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
I've been watching Designated Survivor. It's pretty Damn good.

I've just got back into it. First attempt: watched one episode, thought it reminded me of 24, watched one episode of 24, last 8 entire seasons.

Only two episodes in and I'm liking the Kiefer character. Few subplots starting to form. I'm just waiting for the Jack Bauer moment; got a little bit in both episodes, but not classic 24 series 1 - 3 Jack.

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
Also, I didn't like 24 and was a bit nervous that it would be too much like that but it is really good.

I'm actually waiting for that Jack Bauer moment, where he punches the shit out of someone in the Oval Office. so presidential.

Stuck on ep 17, waiting for some to come down the pipe.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Big Little Lies.
I don't think it's been posted in this thread before?

But great show, based off the book set in the Northern Beaches in Sydney. Interesting to see how it translates.

Not generally the type of show I watch, but the acting was immense.