• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

good tv shows i havent seen?

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Yeah my wife was watching it and I ended up sitting down too. Was a slow start but hooked me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Started watching The 100. We're a few episodes in and it has been decent enough that we'll keep going for a while.

Also watched the pilot episode for the original Twin Peaks last night. Neither my wife nor I have ever watched it. Pretty dated but it's also pretty engaging. Will definitely keep going with it as it is a classic.

If anyone likes UK crime shows, Loch Ness is pretty good.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Also watched the pilot episode for the original Twin Peaks last night.
remember being mad about that thing in the 80's. In fact, last year I daftly bought all the original seasons in huge boxes from a recycled shop. For $1 each. On laser disc.

Remind me to nip in to my local electronic store to pick up a player.

gave Designated Survivor it a burl but only lasted 1 ½ episodes. The treacly jingoistic seppo bollox ladled on a bit thick for me

new season of Better Call Saul has been so goddamn gorgeous. Fancy dan camera angles, not much talky talky, and Mike Ehrmentrout doing the business.

Silicon Valley may have the greatest assemblage of brilliantly written individual characters I can remember from a TV show since MASH. Most shows are lucky if they manage 1 or 2, this one has about 6. Oh Jesus, the cameo from the billionaire tool in the yellow Lamborghini outside the school…

Think I may have laughed for a full 5 goddamn minutes after the part in ep3 where Bighead “gets into Stanford” only to turn up for his first lecture, with his pencil and Big Slurpee, sits down, and then reads on the blackboard he got into Stanford as the lecturer.

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
Started watching The 100. We're a few episodes in and it has been decent enough that we'll keep going for a while.

Also watched the pilot episode for the original Twin Peaks last night. Neither my wife nor I have ever watched it. Pretty dated but it's also pretty engaging. Will definitely keep going with it as it is a classic.

If anyone likes UK crime shows, Loch Ness is pretty good.

The 100 is a good series, for about the first two seasons. Then it sorta drifts along in this teen dystopian dream for the next two seasons. Sadly, like falling skies, I'm invested in the series, and I'll watch it until it's eventually killed.

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
remember being mad about that thing in the 80's. In fact, last year I daftly bought all the original seasons in huge boxes from a recycled shop. For $1 each. On laser disc.

Remind me to nip in to my local electronic store to pick up a player.

gave Designated Survivor it a burl but only lasted 1 ½ episodes. The treacly jingoistic seppo bollox ladled on a bit thick for me

new season of Better Call Saul has been so goddamn gorgeous. Fancy dan camera angles, not much talky talky, and Mike Ehrmentrout doing the business.

Silicon Valley may have the greatest assemblage of brilliantly written individual characters I can remember from a TV show since MASH. Most shows are lucky if they manage 1 or 2, this one has about 6. Oh Jesus, the cameo from the billionaire tool in the yellow Lamborghini outside the school…

Think I may have laughed for a full 5 goddamn minutes after the part in ep3 where Bighead “gets into Stanford” only to turn up for his first lecture, with his pencil and Big Slurpee, sits down, and then reads on the blackboard he got into Stanford as the lecturer.

Designated survivor. Watched the whole first season, enjoyed it. Still waiting for my "Jack Bauer" moment. Will watch the next season.

Better Call Saul is so damn brilliant. Don't need to bother talking about it, just go watch it. At the same level as Breaking Bad, there i said it!

Silicon Valley. I've never seen a show pivot it's storyline so much, and be so damn successful at it. The Bighead/Stamford thing was great, but the "terms and conditions" episode was where I lost my shit. Brilliant, just brilliant.

So, trying to work out why Rick and Morty only played one episode from the new season, now we don't know when the rest of the episode will be released.

And...House of Cards is coming back. Wife and I are booking some couch time to binge watch that one.

catweazle

Frank Row (1)
Has anyone been watching American Gods? It is an adaptation of a Neil Gaiman novel and the first four episodes have been quite good with a very interesting plot. The cast is solid as well, Ricky Whittle who played Lincoln in The 100 is the protagonist with support from Ian McShane, Pablo Schreiber and Peter Stormare.

Currently halfway through the first season and I would recommend the show to anyone looking for something to watch, especially if you enjoyed Legion.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
So, trying to work out why Rick and Morty only played one episode from the new season, now we don't know when the rest of the episode will be released.

Sadly it wasn’t a case of the whole season starting early however, just a taster ahead of the arrival of the rest of it in a few months.
The show’s official Twitter account promised more episodes on Adult Swim “this summer” after the first went out, with the previous season having started in July in 2015.
Incredibly, that 1 episode was only released at all because 1 fan on twitter asked the guys to put it out. They havent even made the rest of the season yet.

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
Incredibly, that 1 episode was only released at all because 1 fan on twitter asked the guys to put it out. They havent even made the rest of the season yet.

Just, brilliant! Who da fuck does that for a single fan?

When I watched it, it really felt like part II of the season 2 finale, so methinks they had the rough cuts ready to go.

Clearly, there's still a lot of love for the Szechuan sauce out in the world. Should we start a petition to bring it down under?

http://time.com/4744570/mcdonalds-szechuan-sauce-ebay/

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Last nights episode of Twin Peaks is the best hour of TV I've seen in a long time...

We've started watching the original Twin Peaks.

Slow going so far. Will give it more of a crack soon.

We just watched season 3 of Bosch. In line with the previous two in terms of quality.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
I just got round to watching HBO's miniseries 'Band of Brothers'. Heart wrenching tv, an addictive and seemingly accurate portrayal of hell. The acting was incredible too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WorkingClassRugger

David Codey (61)
I just got round to watching HBO's miniseries 'Band of Brothers'. Heart wrenching tv, an addictive and seemingly accurate portrayal of hell. The acting was incredible too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Whoa.........glad you finally managed to watch it. One of my favourite mini series of all time. Possibly argue one of the best ever. Pity it's 'sequel' The Pacific didn't stand up to it in my opinion.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
That Review show is great. It was an Aussie show first but Andy Daly, who does the American version, is down right one of the funniest people on the planet.
Wft. Tuned in to catch another episdoe and the fucker's finished! Review with Forrest Macneil is actually goddamn finished. After a bizarro land 2 seasons and 3 episodes. Yes, idiotically, they finished after only 3 episodes of a season. Fitting. Not spoiling the idiotically stupid way they ended it but wft. Total bummer. No spoilers but man that thing was the best. Just totally bonkers. Don't want to come across as ambivilalent here. Did I mention that I liked this TV show?

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
We've started watching the original Twin Peaks.

Slow going so far. Will give it more of a crack soon.

We just watched season 3 of Bosch. In line with the previous two in terms of quality.

The 5 episodes directed by Lynch in the original series really stand out.

The quality of the show drops off midway through season 2 for obvious reasons (which you can read more about after you've finished watching it), and doesn't pick up again until the final few episodes when Lynch and Frost came back on board.

The finale is one of the most terrifying things ever put to screen.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Anybody here watched GLOW yet? I enjoyed it and found that it built up as it went.

agreed. Really really enjoyable and not just for the T&A. I haven't finished the series yet but, as WCR suggests, it is really building nicely. Great characters, very good acting (Alison Brie unrecognisable) and an enjoyable story.

WorkingClassRugger

David Codey (61)
agreed. Really really enjoyable and not just for the T&A. I haven't finished the series yet but, as WCR suggests, it is really building nicely. Great characters, very good acting (Alison Brie unrecognisable) and an enjoyable story.

I follow her on Twitter where see posted a lot of clips of her preparation for the role. It was quite amazing to see actually.

It's a big role for her effectively breaking her out of the 'Annie/Trudy' cast she'd been placed.

Marc Maron is fantastic as Sam as is Betty Gilpin as Debbie. In fact there weren't really any weak performance among the primary ensemble.

You'll really enjoy the final episode. It's a really fun episode .