1. Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

good tv shows i havent seen?

Discussion in 'Everything Else' started by RugbyFuture, Apr 14, 2010.

1. cyclopath Phil Waugh (73)

When the stuff gets in...
  2. Dismal Pillock John Thornett (49)

upcoming season 4 will be the last. good decision. go out on top. great show. usually tees off around September
    RugbyReg likes this.
  3. Dismal Pillock John Thornett (49)

today's episode had an extreme close-up of Toasty's tackle. I was so impressed I was moved to screenshot the momentous occasionne. No wonder he's such a hit with all the ladies. Just look at the size of the thing!

[IMG]
    Dctarget likes this.
  4. cyclopath Phil Waugh (73)

When Urology Goes Wrong - when the frank is eclipsed by the beans.
    Dismal Pillock likes this.
  5. Up the Guts John Thornett (49)

Started smashing through Toast last week after I saw a best of clip. Have been walking around saying “bon juh-vee” to myself like a madman all weekend.
    Dctarget and Dismal Pillock like this.
  6. Dctarget Ken Catchpole (46)

Hahaaa. It's so good. Such a bloody fruit loop. He showed up on the latest episode of Archer which was a surprise.
    Up the Guts likes this.
  7. Dismal Pillock John Thornett (49)

He's also in "What we do in the shadows" which is some bonkers good fun too.
  8. Dismal Pillock John Thornett (49)

9. Up the Guts John Thornett (49)

Ray bloody Purchase.
    Dismal Pillock and Dctarget like this.
  10. Dismal Pillock John Thornett (49)

sounds like Ricky Gervais' new special will be right up my alley:
  11. Dismal Pillock John Thornett (49)

damnit was lookign forward to some more wooded intrigue from OZARK but turns out they're only just filming now and it won't be back til 2020
  12. Tex Chilla Wilson (44)

The first episode of The Loudest Voice was really good, looking forward to it unfolding.

If you haven't been pasted by the ads on Fairfax sites its the story of Roger Ailes and Fox News, with Russell Crowe as the lead. Great work from Rusty as usual, very convincing acting
  13. Dismal Pillock John Thornett (49)

Years and Years. Raced through this 6 ep BBC thingie. So good. Sort of a Black Mirror lite set in near future. Heavy on the dystopia. Writing is so good, so many great little ideas which seem so plausible visa visor GOVT.

the Group Chat Link thing creeps me out. Are families really that close? Man, mine weren't. What a pain being so interconnected at all times. FFS, I have to turn the music down AGAIN for these dicks to tell me about their boring day? Jesus, it's like a telephone that just won't shut up.

It's so accurate how the little kids are just silent numbed zombies beholden to their phones. They never physically "play" and have nothing in the way of a boisterous imagination or playful curiosity like the kids from my horse and cart childhood had.

Sadly though, being the bastard I am, I did quite enjoy the banking collapse in Ep 2.

Was great to see Bethany blossom into a mega-spunk in the last 10 minutes. Lincoln too! A bit idyllic how no one called him a pansy though. Establishes a good role model though as to how to treat gender confused. Or diffused. Or whatever the term is
    RugbyReg likes this.
  14. Braveheart81 Rocky Elsom (76)

I watched Free Solo over the last couple of evenings.

Fuck me I found it stressful to watch. I think I have an anxiety disorder now.

It's pretty incredible though.
    Tex, cyclopath and Dismal Pillock like this.
  15. Dismal Pillock John Thornett (49)

The free climbing guy? Yeah fuck that shit. Not watching that.

Been pounding rooting watching The Boys, a sort of marvel anti-hero thing. I have a vague ultra stiffy for the mega baddie Immortan Joe mega milf matron...

[IMG]

haha, just noticed, all the photos behind her are of herself. Don't blame her.
  16. cyclopath Phil Waugh (73)

Same here. Very squirmy to watch. He's an odd guy.
  17. cyclopath Phil Waugh (73)

Is that where you claim to not remember where you put your ultra-stiffy?
  18. Braveheart81 Rocky Elsom (76)

Yeah, certainly a bit of a sociopath. I guess you need to be mostly devoid of emotion to be able to consider doing what he did.

It's a pretty amazing film. I actually found the first two thirds more stressful than the actual footage of the climb. The talking about it and the reactions of family and friends and the general unease of the crew were hard to deal with.

There are two other climbing films I've got queued up to watch now. Meru (which is the same filmmakers) and Dawn Wall (which features Tommy Caldwell who is the main climbing friend in Free Solo). Neither are about free soloing so shouldn't be as stressful!
    cyclopath likes this.
  19. cyclopath Phil Waugh (73)

Some friends have watched Dawn Wall - I haven't yet. It sounds incredible, in terms of single-minded strength of purpose!
  20. teach Phil Hardcastle (33)

Fringe. Sort of X files type of show. 5 season long overarching story line. Monster of the week episodes. Mad Scientist, time travel, alternate universes, that sort of thing. Took a fair part of season 1 to find its feet. Created by J.J. Abrams .