• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

good tv shows i havent seen?

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
Anyone watch suits? I really enjoyed the first 2 seasons.

Yep - Suits is great.......I thought there would be more episodes in Season 2 and there were previews at the end of the the last episode so I'm not sure if it's on a break (bloody LOOOONG break!!) or if there were only 10 episodes in S2?!

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
Just googled....another 6 episodes in S2 starting Jan.....has been renewed for another 16 episodes for S3....YAY :)

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Have watched the first couple of seasons of "The Walking Dead" over the last couple of weekends. Zombie thriller isn't normally my thing but quite enjoy it.

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
Thought I'd give this thread a bump.

Have just finished watching Friday Night Lights. Powered through 5 seasons in just over a week.

To put it bluntly, it's the best show I have ever watched. Or certainly the equal of the Wire and West Wing, my other two all time favourites.

Like the Wire it's hard to summarise in a sentence or two. The short description would be 'a show about a small town in Texas and their high school football team' but in reality it's far more complex and wide-ranging than that.

It has an optimism the Wire lacks- you are cheering for most of the characters, and they all succeed and fail in equal measure. It's never saccharine, nor is it ever overly depressing. It's just good drama- well written, well shot, well acted.

Watch the pilot, and if you aren't hooked after that then you are a hard man to please.

JSRF10

Dick Tooth (41)
Thought I'd give this thread a bump.

Have just finished watching Friday Night Lights. Powered through 5 seasons in just over a week.

To put it bluntly, it's the best show I have ever watched. Or certainly the equal of the Wire and West Wing, my other two all time favourites.

Like the Wire it's hard to summarise in a sentence or two. The short description would be 'a show about a small town in Texas and their high school football team' but in reality it's far more complex and wide-ranging than that.

It has an optimism the Wire lacks- you are cheering for most of the characters, and they all succeed and fail in equal measure. It's never saccharine, nor is it ever overly depressing. It's just good drama- well written, well shot, well acted.

Watch the pilot, and if you aren't hooked after that then you are a hard man to please.
Have to agree with you on this probably the best tv series i've ever watched. Cant recommend this show enough!

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
barbarian - I obtained the first season over the weekend. You better be right or I want my money back!*

* may not have actually spent money.

It might take me a while to get to it. I'm still trying to work through the first season of Sons of Anarchy. By being 5 years behind what's good, it allows me to know that shows stood the test of time.

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
Haha OK fair enough!

Yeah I'm a fan of being years behind too. Means you can watch shows as big slabs back-to-back, and also you don't get burned when a show you are into gets cancelled after its first or second season.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
I've watched the first couple of seasons of Sons of Anarchy in the last few weeks and I'm fully hooked. Going to try and watch season 3 over the weekend. It has built up quite nicely and there are plenty of plot twists to keep you interested. Trying to watch it all before the Super Rugby season gets into full swing.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
barbarian - I obtained the first season over the weekend. You better be right or I want my money back!*

* may not have actually spent money.

It might take me a while to get to it. I'm still trying to work through the first season of Sons of Anarchy. By being 5 years behind what's good, it allows me to know that shows stood the test of time.

Yeah, I find Foxtel's repeat hell pretty helpful.

I wait for a show to start from the beginning and hit series record.

At the moment I am stocking up on Sons of Anarchy and Hell on Wheels, while enjoying True Blood and waiting for the Wire to kick off from the beginning again.

Jnor

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Ah been meaning to mention Hell on Wheels - saw an ep on abc2 and couldnt remember what the hell it was called.

What's the consensus - worth a dig?