• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS Rugby 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Primetime

Allen Oxlade (6)
Happy to be berated here, but have gone through the remaining games and this is how I think the ladder will look at the end:

1. Newington..14
=2. Kings..10
=2. Scots..10
=4. Shore..8
=4..Joeys..8
6. Riverview..4
7. Grammar..2

Got my hopes up for a Grammar upset for a second there...

I agree that Kings' class will shine through, and that they will go on to have the finishing form that they so desperately needed at season's start. However, I disagree with Scots and Shore, I'd flip them. Shore's season just seems destined for at least a 2nd placed finish.

And of course, most pleased to see an outright premiership!

gpsoldboy

Chris McKivat (8)
Happy to be berated here, but have gone through the remaining games and this is how I think the ladder will look at the end:

1. Newington..14
=2. Kings..10
=2. Scots..10
=4. Shore..8
=4..Joeys..8
6. Riverview..4
7. Grammar..2

I'm more hoping for;

=1. Scots 12
=1. Newington 12
3. Shore 10
=4. Kings 8
=4. Joeys 8
6. Riverview 4
7. Grammar 2

gpsoldboy

Chris McKivat (8)
The current information on the AAGPS website shows that both Joeys and King's second XVs are undefeated after 4 rounds of the GPS competition. As both their first XVs have not probably had the results many had been expecting after the same number of competition rounds I'm interested in hearing whether those in the know think that there are players in these seconds sides that could offer more than their counterparts in the firsts?

I think that there is a fair difference between 1sts and 2nds rugby and whilst there will always be a player or two in the 2nds capable of performing equally as well as players in similar positions in the 1sts they will be in the minority as the selectors usually get it right.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
Got my hopes up for a Grammar upset for a second there.

I agree that Kings' class will shine through, and that they will go on to have the finishing form that they so desperately needed at season's start. However, I disagree with Scots and Shore, I'd flip them. Shore's season just seems destined for at least a 2nd placed finish.

And of course, most pleased to see an outright premiership!

if Shore prevail this weekend then yes they will be flipped..

W

Wowsah

I think that there is a fair difference between 1sts and 2nds rugby and whilst there will always be a player or two in the 2nds capable of performing equally as well as players in similar positions in the 1sts they will be in the minority as the selectors usually get it right.

A 2nds team traveling undefeated and a 1sts team struggling means nothing. There are so many factors to consider. If you begin to move players around because the team below is doing well you will almost certainly make matters a lot worse for the top team. There are just too many reasons why it could be happening.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
I'm more hoping for;

=1. Scots 12
=1. Newington 12
3. Shore 10
=4. Kings 8
=4. Joeys 8
6. Riverview 4
7. Grammar 2

the implication of that ladder is that Shore beats Newington but loses to Scots and Joeys, and that Scots beats Kings

if Shore beats Newington they will also beat the other 2 and win the comp, and if Scots beat Kings they will also beat Shore..so it needs a bit of rejigging!

F

Finland Fella

Grammar look like conceding another ton. Joey's up 49-0 after 25 mins.

mark7

Stan Wickham (3)
Kings won 20 something to 7. Not a great game.

Riverview without Rorke and lost Whitley early.

Ref blew plenty of penalties

Kings won 20-7 against Riverveiw. One of Kings star players. Lalakai Foketi broke his jaw in the first 15 minutes of the game. It will be a tough game next week against Joeys and the week after that against Scots for the Kings side with their back line disturbed.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
I'm calling 35-14 for Joeys, their first win since a promising beginning against Riverview went south. Anyone who could give an in-depth report of the game would be much appreciated; I unfortunately cannot make the journey out to Hunters Hill this week.

I think this prediction establishes your credentials to comment on the realities of grammar rugby and probably on any other rugby issue.
To make this prediction you would have to have no idea what is wrong and how badly wrong it is.
BTW this (97-0) is a record for joeys over grammar.

CTPE

Nev Cottrell (35)
Kings won 20 something to 7. Not a great game.

Riverview without Rorke and lost Whitley early.

Ref blew plenty of penalties

Although named in the program Kings centre Will Davies didn't start and his place was taken by Sam Carter. As reported above Kings lost Lalakai Foketi with a jaw injury inside the first 15 minutes. They then lost no 10 Cory Tulloch with a groin injury in the second half. View's Whiteley limped off with what looked like a knee injury in the latter stages of the first half.

Kings were up 3-0 early after a Jack Tourish penalty. View hit back soon after following a great individual run from Dempsey with the conversion seeing View up 7-3. Not far off half time a dropped ball in View's outside backs was snaffled up by Carter who raced 40m to score. The conversion was unsuccessful and at the break it was Kings up 10-7.

Both sides traded missed opportunities early in the second half with some dropped balls with the line in sight and some good cover defence otherwise diffusing attacking raids. Kings Oz Schools half Andrew Ferris scored a fine individual try adjacent to the posts from a ruck close to the line but the conversion attempt was charged down by Views very keen chasers. Kings 15 View 7. Late in the half Tourish (15) made a fine break and linked up with Harry Jones who had moved from wing to centre after Foketi had left the field. He took on the last lines of Views defence before putting Carter in for his second try with a sublime inside pass. Time was blown soon after with the scoreboard reading Kings 20 View 7.

There will be some concern for the Oz schoolboys no doubt with View's Rorke not starting and the injuries to Foketi and Whiteley.

Seconds: Kings 15 def View 7 - all Kings in the first half and View didn't get into the game until midway through the second half when Kings lead 15-0. Some great defence again from the Kings forwards which has been the hallmark of their unbeaten season to date . An excellent kicking game also from the Kings no 15. A big challenge for them at home next week against the also unbeaten Joeys with the victor likely to be the 2nds premiers.

3rds: Kings 15 drew with View 15

W

Wowsah

I'm not the one to look for regarding match reports however a very ordinary performance from Shore today. Scots were very fired up with their big 3 playing out of their skins. Scots forwards totally dominated Shore at the breakdown and in the scrums. Shore improved markedly in this area late in the game however it was too little too late. Scots were just too good. 22 - don't know his name had an absolute blinder running great lines off Kellaway and co and gave Shore headaches all day. Pulver good in a very ordinary team performance. Despite my quiet like of this shore team I was very glad to see Scots grab a very convincing win. A hard road for Shore from here on in. Can they do it?

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Kings won 20-7 against Riverveiw. One of Kings star players. Lalakai Foketi broke his jaw in the first 15 minutes of the game. It will be a tough game next week against Joeys and the week after that against Scots for the Kings side with their back line disturbed.
Bad luck - on what I have seen a very very good player.

random2

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Joeys 97-0 over Grammar. Hard to watch really, only good thing for Grammar was the 10 minute period late in the first half when they held Joeys scoreless. In a day of running rugby Robinson and Carolan stood out, setting up a few tries for eachother. In the backs Wilde and Barclay were in the best for me. A win over Kings next week would give Joeys a very slight chance at a joint premiership.

2nds- Joeys 26-14 over TAS. The premiership game will be played next week at Kings, expected a win on the bell brom Joeys.

Status
Not open for further replies.