• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

GPS Sports Ranking (2013)

Status
Not open for further replies.

George Smith

Ted Thorn (20)
This thread is intended to keep track and rank the results from the summer and winter sporting competitions within NSW AAGPS.

The scoring used is the reverse of the actual placing ie. 1st = 8pts, 8th = 1pt

George Smith

Ted Thorn (20)
table.jpg

score.jpg

Attachments

• table.jpg
    table.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 328

Jasdec

Ted Fahey (11)
I have also been away for a while GS, however I am not sure how this will work given that the Rugby comp has been reduced to 6 teams in 1st and 2nd Grade. Unless Grammar and High are very good at running, especially across country, and shooting soccer players, you may as well take them off the table. :)

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
maybe we can get the shooters to do something random to rectify this?
If shooting is in then debating should be too.
Neither are sports.
One thing your table already causes me to wonder is how grammar can hide behind the asserted roughness of rugby. They/we are shithouse in all sports.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

George Smith

Ted Thorn (20)
If shooting is in then debating should be too.
Neither are sports.
One thing your table already causes me to wonder is how grammar can hide behind the asserted roughness of rugby. They/we are shithouse in all sports.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
maybe their sport is just being "good sports"?

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
maybe their sport is just being "good sports"?
How many points in your table for that?
This has made me quite angry because it has confronted me with something that puts the lie to the excuses that have been made by the school.
There is simply no reason why people who are "smart"/academically inclined cannot also be good at sport - High prove that point: their selection criteria are more demanding
:mad:

George Smith

Ted Thorn (20)
the ATHLETE OF THE YEAR table early running looks like:
(please update and correct as these are a guess. Please no notations in anticipation ie rugby)

Ned Hanigan (SJC)
1st XV 2012, 1st VIII 2012/13, Swimming 2012/13, Athletics 2012/13

David Morris (NC)
1st XI (2011/12), 1st XV rugby (2011/12) and swimming (2011-13)

hits and trys

Bob McCowan (2)
From Newington:
David Morris (NC)

Josh Mitchell (NC)
1st Basketball (12/13) Athletics (08-13) Rugby 2nd XV (12)
Lachlan Anderson (NC)
Captain 1st Cricket (13) Rugby 2nd XV (12)

George Smith

Ted Thorn (20)
sorry H&T, Lachie Anderson & Josh Mitchell, by your account, are not close to qualifying. I guess there are 50-100 athletes ahead of him (as 2nds teams do not qualify for Athlete of the Year honour.

We are inviting submissions where the athlete has represented their school in the top team for at least 2 yrs AND across several sports to qualify. By top team I mean, they must qualify for sports colours which usually mean at least 3 of the following 1st XV, 1st VIII, 1st XI and for Athletics and Swimming they must be in the Senior Team and perform outstandingly (1st, 2nd) or have made the GPS Representative Team for more than one sport for 2 years.

I wish Lachie and Josh (and yourself) all the best in this year's HSC (or are you doing pathways?).

biggameplayer

Stan Wickham (3)
the ATHLETE OF THE YEAR table early running looks like:
(please update and correct as these are a guess. Please no notations in anticipation ie rugby)

Ned Hanigan (SJC)
1st XV 2012, 1st VIII 2012/13, Swimming 2012/13, Athletics 2012/13

David Morris (NC)

Ned Hanigan does not qualify as playing 1st XV in 2012, as he only played 1 competition game due to an injury to a 1sts player.

Status
Not open for further replies.