• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

GPS Sports Ranking (2013)

Status
Not open for further replies.

forwards4ever

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Absolutely, all GPS sports and schools should be included, not just an arbitrary selection. Otherwise it has no validity at all.

Noting also that there is a combined GPS Water Polo team which play in the CIS Water Polo Championships each year, which is not at this stage being recognised alongside other GPS representative sports on this thread.

As Water Polo players are scholarshipped to the usual suspect schools, I can't imagine why it doesn't count in the league table!

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
GPS Shooting Results for those who are interested:

GPS 1sts
1. Scots
2. High
3. Kings
4. Shore
5. TAS

GPS 2nds
1. High
2. Kings
3. Scots
4. Shore
5. TAS

Newington & Grammar seem to have competed in at least some events, but weren't listed on the premiership result sheet that I saw. Not sure if that means that they weren't in the premiership division or that the results I saw only listed the first 5 (which would be odd). Final results are not as yet on the AAGPS website.

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
gotta love the GPS.
If it's tradition it will never get dropped.
How can anyone credibly argue this is an activity that should be promoted amongst School kids?
I shouldn't joke about it,but do any of these leading schools in this activity, have bell towers?

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
gotta love the GPS.
How can anyone credibly argue this is an activity that should be promoted amongst School kids?
I shouldn't joke about it,but do any of these leading schools in this activity, have bell towers?
Worse still how do TAS manage last?
No wonder there's a roo and feral pig problem.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
gotta love the GPS.
Boxing was once a GPS sport, not sure when it was officially dropped.

DragonMan

Jimmy Flynn (14)
& academic & cricketer & musician - just a handy sort of young man really!
Seems pretty humble too, poor guy's talent probably overshaowed by the likesof Tepai and the other national reps. Any tipson whether anyone will be receiving Triple Colours this year?

GTPIH

Ted Thorn (20)
Seems pretty humble too, poor guy's talent probably overshaowed by the likesof Tepai and the other national reps. Any tipson whether anyone will be receiving Triple Colours this year?

Andrew Kellaway - Cricket, Athletics & Rugby (presumably)
Ollie Kamp - Water Polo, Swimming & Rugby (presumably)

DragonMan

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Andrew Kellaway - Cricket, Athletics & Rugby (presumably)
Ollie Kamp - Water Polo, Swimming & Rugby (presumably)
Sorry I meant Triple Colours at New which is more than just getting colours ni three different sports (in itself quite an achievement). From memory its getting colours in three different sports and being part of two GPS premierships or gaining slection in two different combined GPS teams.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
It is rugby without the impact of a high speed collision. Brains and brawn.
Although it has been erroneously asserted earlier in this thread, that Water Polo doesn't deserve the same recognition as other GPS sports. Apparently in the eyes of some it is a 'minority sport' - as opposed to rifle shooting which gets full recognition and is apparently not a 'minority sport'.

Go figure.

Status
Not open for further replies.