• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Grumbles pissing and moaning

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
I'm reminded of a quote I read somewhere (Conan comic maybe?): For revolutionaries, perfection is just behind the last corner or just around the next.

So Grumbles, you've done nothing but piss, whine, moan and bitch (in roughly that order) for the last 5 years about rugby and all its shortcomings. Now suddenly we've got a decent season with decent final round and you're saying it was all goldfields and apple pie? I am not the first, nor will I be the last, to say:

Fuck off you gormless plonker. Take a printed copy of every one of your bad articles (all of them), your stupid rugbyheaven video antics with you, put a light coat of oil on it, and jam it up your arse before setting it on fire.

Oxygen thief journalists like you are the reason rugby is in the shit in this city particularly. You know fuck all about the game and want instead to concentrate on the quality of pies you can stuff down that talentless hole under your nose.

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-union/union-news/super-14s-format-superseded-just-as-it-hits-the-sweet-spot-20100509-uluk.html said:
The last Super 14 tournament has just a few weeks to go before we head into the great unknown of next season's wham-bam-thank-you-ma'am expansion involving conferences, more local derbies and a glut of games that go on and on for virtually the whole year.

The urgers have been saying that we ain't seen nothing yet of the coming Super 15 extravaganza.

But there is still a tinge of regret that the current formula is in its final days, because the 2010 season has again showed all that is good about the 14-team format.

The Super 14 has delivered an exciting climax for the umpteenth season. Despite all the stupid team names that mean following the tournament is like being forced to read all the signs on a day out at Taronga Zoo, the competition is tantalising because its format is simple to understand, and year in year out involves a final round that has countless teams fighting for the four finals spots.

Biffo

Ken Catchpole (46)
I liked the piece in the same article where Growden wrote that "countless" teams were in contention for the semis. 14 maximum is "countless"?

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
He only had five fingers to count on. The other hand was either on his withered old cock or up his arse, looking for his brain.

Epi

Dave Cowper (27)
Agreed - finally we get a season of decent length which will make up for our lack of a national comp and who's the first negative cab off the rank? Grumbles... who else.. ::)

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
:yay

What a class rant that was NTA. 10 for artistic impression and 10 for content.

I read that article over lunch and thought yeah, what a tosser. Suddenly he calls the game great. Almost spoiled my tuna sandwich but it takes more than that to put me off food.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Yeah, well done, NTA.
Made up for me missing your input on the Profanocall on Saturday night.
Beautiful imagery, and also nice use of anatomical creativity.
I too read this online today; my secretary came in to ask at whom I was swearing!!

Cyril Towers (30)
Yeah, WOW NTA. I've never been a big fan of the Fairfax Press No 1 correspondent (self proclaimed) and have expressed that opinion here recently, but that is an 11/10 rant. Go hard, brother.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
topo said:
Yeah, WOW NTA. I've never been a big fan of the Fairfax Press No 1 correspondent (self proclaimed) and have expressed that opinion here recently, but that is an 11/10 rant. Go hard, brother.
Number 1 only by weight and position in the pie-queue.

T

TOCC

I think Growden does raise some valid points, the Super rugby series has earned a reputation as been truly one of the more cut throat competitions, slip up once or twice and it means your season is over. By expanding the final series to 6 teams it takes away some of that.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Yeah its a tough comp, but have a look at the attendance for teams who start to bomb (Force excepted) early in the comp. A longer season means more product which means more gate takings.

Except in Sydney where the support will continue to be tepid until we start winning finals.

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
Longer season will allow a team like the Reds to be more competative in their market which is good. For example enthusiasum in Brisbane is high for the Reds but there will no further chance to maintain the momentum. Won over fans will go pouring back into Bronco and Lions crowds as the Reds aren't an option. I could of seen the Rebels having the same trouble in the current format.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
NTA said:
I'm reminded of a quote I read somewhere (Conan comic maybe?): For revolutionaries, perfection is just behind the last corner or just around the next.

So Grumbles, you've done nothing but piss, whine, moan and bitch (in roughly that order) for the last 5 years about rugby and all its shortcomings. Now suddenly we've got a decent season with decent final round and you're saying it was all goldfields and apple pie? I am not the first, nor will I be the last, to say:

Fuck off you gormless plonker. Take a printed copy of every one of your bad articles (all of them), your stupid rugbyheaven video antics with you, put a light coat of oil on it, and jam it up your arse before setting it on fire.

Oxygen thief journalists like you are the reason rugby is in the shit in this city particularly. You know fuck all about the game and want instead to concentrate on the quality of pies you can stuff down that talentless hole under your nose.

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-union/union-news/super-14s-format-superseded-just-as-it-hits-the-sweet-spot-20100509-uluk.html said:
The last Super 14 tournament has just a few weeks to go before we head into the great unknown of next season's wham-bam-thank-you-ma'am expansion involving conferences, more local derbies and a glut of games that go on and on for virtually the whole year.

The urgers have been saying that we ain't seen nothing yet of the coming Super 15 extravaganza.

But there is still a tinge of regret that the current formula is in its final days, because the 2010 season has again showed all that is good about the 14-team format.

The Super 14 has delivered an exciting climax for the umpteenth season. Despite all the stupid team names that mean following the tournament is like being forced to read all the signs on a day out at Taronga Zoo, the competition is tantalising because its format is simple to understand, and year in year out involves a final round that has countless teams fighting for the four finals spots.

+1

Status
Not open for further replies.