• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

HC Final (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Spook

THe Ladyboys have finally done it and the monkey is off their back ;D :thumb . I'm happy for Cheika as he's been doing it tough for a while over here in Eire.

Guess who was MOTM?

I have to say, Anthems is a very brave player.

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Well, seeing as Leinster had two Aussies on the pitch + a coach against one assistant coach for Leicester, what hope did the Tigers have?

Cheika'd make an outstanding foundation coach for the Melbourne Mudlarks. :) :) :)

Biffo

Ken Catchpole (46)
I'm with Spook and Lindommer.

I watched the Heineken Cup an hour after the Bulls and Offsiders (and Mr Lawrence really let them practise that very hard). I couldn't help but think that neither of the Yuropean teams could live with the Bulls or Offsiders. Speed kills.

My other musing was how a full strength Bulls team would go against the EEELs. I syspect with a +.

Ohh and Rocky was immense again and Anthems the best I have seen from him for years.

Cheika seems to have the mojo as a coach, doesn't he?

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
Vesty was crap for Leicester and unable to get them any field position in the 2nd half. They never looked like doing anything. My favorite moment was Tuilangi running over Horgan. The backraft actually flipped Horgan over. Now I can also say I have seen Tuilangi actually do something.

It's always interesting to muse over how the S14 teams will go against this lot and to me it also seems that the speed in the S14 is that bit faster and the breakdowns more heavily contested.

I must say the NH refs allow the players to bellyflop into rucks. It's a free for all. The Lions are going to find the refs in SA a lot less lenient. It almost seems to be in the tight 5 job description: "See ruck, get there, flop on nearest body."

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
Sexton had a terrific 1st half, including dropping that cracking goal, but Rocky was good for the whole game and he ignited the Leinster comeback in the second half. If anything, I think he is even better than before he left our shores - his stepping in traffic, often from a standstill, is better than ever.

I thought Sexton was going to be a weakness when he had to sub for Contepomi who was injured in the semi and, sadly, missed the final, but he came through and good on him. Watch this space - with Contepomi moving onto Toulon next year Sexton will be the regular Leinster 10 in 2009/10 and will begin his campaign to get an Ireland RWC spot and to eventually replace ROG when his time is up.

For Leicester I thought that 12 Hipkiss' slashing runs, typical of his play in the HC semi and GP final, may have tipped the scale, but it was not to be.

It was a good game which was well refereed, and gripping in a way that is different to gripping games in the SH - in general - for example the high scoring semi at Loftus. I like both types of games.

Well done to Leinster. Their attack has been found wanting a bit this year but their defence has served them well.

Status
Not open for further replies.