• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Heineken Cup 2013/14

Status
Not open for further replies.

JSRF10

Dick Tooth (41)
The groups were drawn overnight:

Pool 1: Leinster, Northampton, Ospreys, Castres
Pool 2: Toulon, Cardiff Blues, Glasgow, Exeter
Pool 3: Toulouse, Saracens, Connacht, Zebre
Pool 4: Clermont Auvergne, Harlequins, Scarlets, Racing Metro
Pool 5: Ulster, Leicester, Montpellier, Treviso
Pool 6: Munster, Perpignan, Edinburgh, Gloucester
Tough draws from Leinster and Ulster, Clermont, Munster, Toulouse, Saracens and Toulon should emerge from all the other pools easily enough

JSRF10

Dick Tooth (41)
Northampton have lost their two props, have no half backs and are mentally brittle. Ospreys are dangerous on their day and Leinster do have a poor record against them. Castres have lost most of their good players and their management have gone to Racing Metro.
Tough group but I'd still expect Leinster to go through but it will be tough

JSRF10

Dick Tooth (41)
Stephen Ferris has signed a 6 month contract with Ulster, it was thought he was going to Japan but he is staying with Ulster to rehabilitate his latest injury. One would assume if he gets fit he'll sign a longer deal with Ulster

the plastic paddy

John Solomon (38)
Stephen Ferris has signed a 6 month contract with Ulster, it was thought he was going to Japan but he is staying with Ulster to rehabilitate his latest injury. One would assume if he gets fit he'll sign a longer deal with Ulster

That is a massive IF. Friend of mine has just had his cruciate replaced with a bit of his hamstring and there is a firm in the states replacing cartilage but I wouldn't think they will ever be able to sort out Ferris' problems so that he can play properly again. Best of luck to him though, a beast of a player.

JSRF10

Dick Tooth (41)
That is a massive IF. Friend of mine has just had his cruciate replaced with a bit of his hamstring and there is a firm in the states replacing cartilage but I wouldn't think they will ever be able to sort out Ferris' problems so that he can play properly again. Best of luck to him though, a beast of a player.

I agree its a massive IF, it would be a shame if we have seen that last of Ferris. He would be one of the all time greats if he wasn't so injury prone!

Status
Not open for further replies.