• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

HELP - Schoolboy Rugby on FACEBOOK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gagger

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Staff member
Fellas,

You may have noticed that G&GR is upping our game when it comes to Schools rugby. We've started to cover more games with more writers on the Front Page.

We've also set up a dedicated schools FaceBook page which we'd appreciate if you would "Like".
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Green-and-Gold-Schools-Rugby/328719607218021

What we really need to do though is build our presence in Schoolboy rugby and I'm guessing Facebook is a pretty good way to do it. The problem is - we're shit at it (Facebook that is).

So we need help.

Either
  1. Do you know of good Facebook pages / groups / accounts for Schools rugby that we should get in touch with? or,
  2. Do you know someone (son, brother, friend, ward of the state) who does? or,
  3. Do you have some ideas on how we can pump it better? All ideas taken.
Feel free to drop ideas / suggestions below, or send me a private message if you prefer
thanks
Gaggs

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
How about a joint venture with Schools Rugby Tribune?

They seem to use copy from Gaggerland, and also seem to have spies on the ground in all sorts of places - (Waratah Cup finals). Their website is more up to date than NSW Schools and some of the Sydney association websites regarding the draw and results.

Gagger

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Staff member
Thanks HJ - they did get in contact about using some of LGs stuff recently and we're never averse to partnerships.

I'd appreciate it if you could drop me a note if you see anything that clearly came from here.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Mainly from Uncle Lee, but always attributed to Green and Gold Rugby.

Occasionally the reverse occurs where gaggerlanders post "cut and pastes" from SRT. Generally with appropriate recognition to the source and normally with a link to SRT.

Gagger

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Staff member
OK that's cool, posters here should always acknowledge source preferably with a link

Gagger

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Staff member
True, but I'm guessing most somehow manage to connect and that many of those interested might be old boys and parents?

spikhaza

John Solomon (38)
Schools only ban access at school...

at home students are free to use facebook and the takeup rate from students is in the very high 90's so I think it's a great idea. There is taboo trolling on here so with real identities they won't be able to.

Status
Not open for further replies.