• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Highlanders v Stormers, Rd 7, 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

boyo

Mark Ella (57)
This thread is for discussing this match only

The Rules
  1. Do not give scores for any other match from this round until 24 hours after the last game!
  2. Do not discuss other matches in detail.
  3. Good hearted banter is encouraged but trolling is not allowed.
  4. Be respectful to posters, players, coaches and match officials.
Breaches of the rules will be handled by the Mod Team.

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
Looks that way Boyo.

"started as Colby then ended up Swiss cheese". That is gold Sumo.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
^^^^^^^^^^ nah, everyone else is just too stunned to post :) HTF can Stormers have such good stats yet be do far behind on the board?

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Naholo with a bonkers marry sidestep to close the half
A.Smith, try against the base of the posts, with the padding at an angle, haha, ended up scoring a good 2 feet infield as the defenders were bound to their own tryline
have decided i will attempt to refrain from ever slagging off refs again, with the rules I mean "laws" of the game as they are, the scrum lotteries and maul time (which all looks very truck and trailer half the time but gets let go and as such becomes undefendable), and the ruck time split second "window" of opportunity, is he off his feet, theyre all off their feet, or are they on their knees, theres 10 pricks there and its all a hyperquick blur of activity and the poor hated git ref is supposed to process the whole thing and adjudicate, they just have an impossible job

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
I don't know how, but this new canes coach has Nonu actually playing consistently good rugby at S15 level, bugger all brain farts and just smashing units in defense

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Nonu was always a good player at the Canes, when he was at the Blues and Highlanders he was fucking awful.

Bairdy

Peter Fenwicke (45)
I don't know how, but this new canes coach has Nonu actually playing consistently good rugby at S15 level, bugger all brain farts and just smashing units in defense
I think it has to do with th fact he is not the lone star player, relied upon by his team to make things happen. It helps that he is part of an almost All Blacks backline, and isn't the easy target to shut down in defence.

Status
Not open for further replies.