• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Honey Badger to be the next Bachelor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
I can just see Nick later in life in a nursing home still wearing his headband over his long-haired toupee, throwing out the same old lines to an admiring audience

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Excuse my ignorance if this is an obvious question but - why isn't he playing rugby?

I think his knees are completely crocked and he can do far better exploiting his public persona through ads, endorsements like GoPro and now The Bachelor.

I am pretty sure his rugby career is over.

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
OTT persona aside, he's made professional decisions in order to support his family, including a number of siblings with cystic fibrosis. Good luck to him. Hopefully he can parlay this into a reasonable earner on the rounds of novelty reality tv programs that seem to be doing the rounds these days.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
OTT persona aside, he's made professional decisions in order to support his family, including a number of siblings with cystic fibrosis. Good luck to him. Hopefully he can parlay this into a reasonable earner on the rounds of novelty reality tv programs that seem to be doing the rounds these days.

First sentence is a maybe - a lot more to that side of the story than that in the public arena

Second and third sentences - agree wholeheartedly

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
First sentence is a maybe - a lot more to that side of the story than that in the public arena

Second and third sentences - agree wholeheartedly

Oh yeah? I recall that being the explanation when he left Australia and a starting spot in the Wallabies for Japanese $$$.

Wilson

David Codey (61)
Fuck it, I support this, it's the most exposure rugby will get this year. I don't watch the show, but it gets over one million views per episode. They will have to have some rugby related challenges/highlights from Nick's career during the episodes.
Absolutely, whatever people may think of Nick or the show as far as rugby is concerned this is very much a case of any publicity is good publicity and given the current popularity of the show it's a fair bit of publicity.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

half

Alan Cameron (40)
Absolutely, whatever people may think of Nick or the show as far as rugby is concerned this is very much a case of any publicity is good publicity and given the current popularity of the show it's a fair bit of publicity.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Yep

D-Box

Ron Walden (29)
Shame he doesn't have an Australian team for them to link back to...

Now going into hiding - I promise it was only a joke

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Playing rugby at an elite level has now passed him by.

No doubt he could get a gig overseas (not good money) but as BH says
he is using his profile to earn a buck or 2
And good luck to him as he is looking after himself in life after rugby so I don’t get why some people are so against him making the most of while the sun shines.

He has also helped rugby’s profile as well given his own profile so can’t see any of this as bad for a code that has been on the nose over the last two years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Honey Badger

Jim Lenehan (48)
He still looks pretty fit.

Be nice if Twiggy got him playing a few minutes off the bench.

When and where and who for did he last play?

And did he announce his retirement.?

Sent from my MHA-L09 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.