• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

How much does it cost to build a Rugby Field?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Karl

Bill McLean (32)
Say you already have one, but it's crap and doesn't drain etc and you wanted to basically rip it up and put 2 in. New lighting required.

What's a ball park cost? 500k? A Million Per Field?

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
On the money there Karl. With suitable lighting you're looking at about a mill per field.

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
Or you could save the cash and embrace it as a wet weather bog.

Everyone's saying the kids need more of this!

T

TOCC

lighting is the big killer, when it comes to changing DA's council regulations and requirements in regards to access, toilets etc can also substantially increase the costs, and depending on what sort of irrigation/drainage system you want it could go either way as well..

Dont ignore the development costs associated either, this often turns into a costly and timely process as well, and if you are like Souths Rugby Club in Brisbane, the approval process itself could almost send you teetering on the edge of bankruptcy even before the field is constructed.

Karl

Bill McLean (32)
I'm talking about the bottom field at brothers obviously. The land is already there, so I doubt approval is an issue, its an existing use etc.

I was thinking that $500k should re-do the existing field properly, but it really needs two and if you re-aligned them, 2 would fit. The cost would go up I imagine, but I was curious about where the cost fell on a "usual case" estimate.

happyjack

Sydney Middleton (9)
The attached company is laying 6 fields a year in Wellington.
Cost is about $1M but you will have a surface that will take oodles more traffic and is an all weather surface.
The surfaces are IRB approved and are very common place overseas.
When you consider clubs like Wests spend a lot on refurbs and then the results disappear within 24 months it is definitely worth the investigation.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Well Karl, my club has just had moved to new park, it has 3 fields and new clubroom, dressing sheds etc, cost about 4 mill I believe, 2 of fields have great lighting 3rd is gong to have training lights only (enough money still to do it),so would imagine clubrooms and parking would of used about 1-1.5 mill tops. So imagine not far off a million would be needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.