• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

How to watch all RWC games?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dewald Nel

Cyril Towers (30)
Well, no.

If you make a post suggesting that all the forum members from such and such country can purchase a legal online stream from some provider then that is fine.

If someone from a different country knew ways to bypass that good on them. You certainly shouldn't provide instructions for that.

I also don't think that's illegal per se. E.g. If I access the US Netflix library then I'm breaking their terms and conditions. I don't think I'm breaking Australian law.

OK thanks for clearing that up.

mxyzptlk

Colin Windon (37)
Might not be what people are looking for, but just another option:

Universal Sports has a package available to stream all 48 games and replays on demand for $200 US. Looks like it's meant to work on any device -- desktop/laptop, phones, iPad, Android, Roku. Nothing on the site says if it's HD or not, but the clip for the opening ceremony looks like 720p is available.

Then again, if this is Universal Sports, it may mean all North American commentators, which may send even many American fans looking elsewhere.

https://rwc2015ppv.com/

Dewald Nel

Cyril Towers (30)
Might not be what people are looking for, but just another option:

Universal Sports has a package available to stream all 48 games and replays on demand for $200 US. Looks like it's meant to work on any device -- desktop/laptop, phones, iPad, Android, Roku. Nothing on the site says if it's HD or not, but the clip for the opening ceremony looks like 720p is available.

Then again, if this is Universal Sports, it may mean all North American commentators, which may send even many American fans looking elsewhere.

https://rwc2015ppv.com/

Replied to your PM.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
$200 USD is way more than signing up to whoever has the rights in their country on a short-term basis..

mxyzptlk

Colin Windon (37)
$200 USD is way more than signing up to whoever has the rights in their country on a short-term basis..

I think in the U.S., that is the only place that has the rights. NBC Sports is showing seven games or something like that, but that's it. Universal Sports is offering replays on demand, though, which you wouldn't really need if you have a provider offering all the games and a dvr.

I don't know what's on offer in other places, but I'm assuming it's better than what we have on offer here. It looks like TSN just north of us is offering every game. Sheesh we're ridiculous.

Jagman

Trevor Allan (34)
A couple of questions about the Foxtel coverage as I only just got it for the first time.

If I get up to watch the 5am-6am game and record the games that were before it are the commentators going to tell me the results of the previous games or are Foxsports commentators a bit more mindful than that?

Also if I record a game can I start watching the recording before the game is over, i.e. a timeshift? And how do i do that?

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
They're often idiots, but ultimately it depends what commentary you pick up. If it's the British Isles commentary then they'd probably assume you've watched the previous games, similar to 6 Nations coverage, given it's for a BI audience.

Aussie or Kiwi commentators might be more mindful.

And yep, you can start watching the recording before its finished, if you catch up to live coverage, it tells you the recording is over, so just switch back to FS2

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
Just got Foxtel Play - They live stream the game every couple of hours all day.

There is a free 2 week trial which will do me well until the Finals.

Novocastrian

Herbert Moran (7)
If you appeared to be in the UK you could watch the games live or catchup/on demand (which Foxtel Play doesn't offer) through iTV. I'very just started watching SAF V JAP and last night watched the Georgia v Tonga and Ireland V Canada matches live.

Edit-though you do have to sit through ads using itv which Foxtel play doesn't involve (from memory at least, it's been a while since I used it). But on the other hand the picture quality is bloody good on my shitty ~4000 Kbps Adsl connection. It seems a lot better than Foxtel Play did when I had it previously.

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
Yeah Foxtel Play isn't the greatest quality - but decent enough. And there is no matches on demand, the replays are all streamed on tv but they do show them often.

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
FYI, all the games are available on demand now on Foxtel Play (although they only keep them on demand for a couple of weeks).

Pretty sure they still offer a 2 week trial.

Although not in HD, quality could be a bit better. But I happy I can watch all the games whenever I choose.

Status
Not open for further replies.