• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

HSBC Sevens 2018-19

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Fiji simply to strong in the competition. USA have some geeod players but their wheels fall off in the final. Crowd was great.

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Maurice Longbottom's ankles are still at Cape Town Stadium...

Moz.gif

Clavis Ruo

Frank Nicholson (4)
Fiji simply to strong in the competition. USA have some geeod players but their wheels fall off in the final. Crowd was great.

The USA didn't do themselves justice. They were outstanding against an admittedly tired NZ in the semis. But they totally fell apart in the final, especially when Perry Baker got caught twice early on, and then dropped the ball, literally, the third time he got it.
I think Samoa are on the verge of coming good again. They're the fittest they've been in years and Tupou could seen play the role Uale Mai used to play.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
The USA didn't do themselves justice. They were outstanding against an admittedly tired NZ in the semis. But they totally fell apart in the final, especially when Perry Baker got caught twice early on, and then dropped the ball, literally, the third time he got it.
I think Samoa are on the verge of coming good again. They're the fittest they've been in years and Tupou could seen play the role Uale Mai used to play.

I thought Samoa were very unlucky. They deserved a semi spot. I nearly broke my TV and swore I wont watch our midgets again after they lost that match vs NZ.

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
Australia starts off Hamilton 7s with a win over Argentina. Fiji in the same pool looking very strong against Wales - up 33 - 0 at half time.

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
Cracker of a quarter final going on between Samoa & South Africa. Samoa well on their way to being a consistent competitive force in World 7s under Sir Gordon.

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
Josh Coward.

How could he possibly not be exposed at training?

I thought he was dropped from the squad a year ago.

It was incompetent to pick him in the squad.

Strewthcobber

Mark Ella (57)
Fair bit of promotion for Sydney up around the trains and buses so far this year. Will be interesting to see what crowd they can draw at the Olympic Park venue.

Forecast is OK at this stage with the really hot weather set to finish on Thursday

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Josh Coward.

How could he possibly not be exposed at training?

I thought he was dropped from the squad a year ago.

It was incompetent to pick him in the squad.

I don't think he currently has a contract.

You'd assume he won't play in Sydney but it beggars belief how he got a run in Hamilton given I don't think we have many injury worries currently.

I guess Walsh is desperate to try and unearth another playmaker.

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
I don't think he currently has a contract.

You'd assume he won't play in Sydney but it beggars belief how he got a run in Hamilton given I don't think we have many injury worries currently.

I guess Walsh is desperate to try and unearth another playmaker.
He probably is, but he’s not going to get to the next level picking up Andy Friends discards.

Anyway, I can’t see his value with ball in hand, trumping his inability to compete physically.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
He probably is, but he’s not going to get to the next level picking up Andy Friends discards.

I guess it's not unreasonable to think that a guy who was tried and discarded as a 19 year old might have developed into a better proposition as a 21 year old.

I saw a little bit of his play on the weekend and agree with the consensus. I didn't see any of the QPR 7s which seemingly is what got him another chance.