• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

ICC World Twenty20

Status
Not open for further replies.

p.Tah

John Thornett (49)
Just watched NZ bat against Sri Lanka. The NZ captain was interviewed and he said, 'the ball is in our court now. We've just got to bowl well'
I think I spy a problem with NZ's understanding of the game.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Did you see the 128 (or thereabouts) off 58 from McCallum the other night? Wow.

The Darkness caps are going to struggle methinks. 1-4-6-0-2-4 in the first over. The Sri Lankans are not here for a haircut.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Sri Lanka 50 up off 4.1 overs. Never having won at home in a T20 in the past, I think their duck could be broken tonight.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Pakistan beats Saffers. A sign for this weekend in the rugby perhaps.

The Good Guys have started to bowl against India in the matchup of the day.

First ball hit for two, two dots, 4th ball was 4, 1 and leg bye. India 8-0 after 1 over.

#1 Tah

Chilla Wilson (44)
Watson is crash hot ATM. Needs to be, as there isn't much depth in our batting line up. Warner is the QC (Quade Cooper) of cricket minus the ego - he either scores a century or nothing.

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
Super over in the WI v NZ game! Loser is out. Going for the WI.

Update: Epic win for the WI in the super over, feel sorry for Southee. WI need Sri Lanka to beat the Poms to go through. NZ going home.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Bloody hell, that was close. Great effort by PAK. 40 runs needed of the last over with 3 wickets in hand to win is a huge ask (6 x 6's and a wide that goes for four).

SAF now on the plane home after the India game regardless of the result. Almost feel like a Stephanie Rice comment but know much better, and don't want to lose my sponsors.

AUS to Semi Final round.

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
Women's team has a fight on its hands against the WI women's team.

Update: We won by 28 runs. Great bowling. WI's put up a good fight. The women's will be AUS v ENG (the English girls have been the best side in the women's comp so far).

I hope now our men can do the double - although I'm a big fan of Gayle. No one is going to enjoy playing SI at home in the final regardless of who goes through.

Update: Currently getting smashed by the WI's :eek:

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
Aussie girls about to take on England in the final - go Aussie girls!

Update: The Aussie girls won! Christ they made it hard for themselves with some dropped catches. England did well to fight back, they needed 6 runs off the last ball with 1 wicket left but Osborne held her nerve & bowled the last ball well.

Update: Watching the WI & SL. I thought the WI were gone but they are currently staging a fightback. Great game!

Update: WI win. Amazing comeback, their first ICC title since 2004, and their first world title since 1979. Congrats!

Status
Not open for further replies.