• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Interaction -What's coming up in your Super Club,Local Club ,School or Association ?

Are you happy with the current level of interaction at all levels to grow the game?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

HighPlainsDrifter

Jimmy Flynn (14)
I have suspected that when Rugby initiates programs , player appearances, clinics etc with Rugby participants and the general public that the publicity we see tends to tell us what we have done ...which I see as as lost opportunity ,it would be a reasonable assumption to see what is on the calendar going forward so as to reach the wider community. In essence you would hopefully expect engagement to help grow the game at all levels as a result .There does seem to be a significant effort to grow the game across all levels from volunteers , coaches , players , administrators etc.. It might help if more knew of the initiatives ahead of time . I would invite the 5 Australian Super Clubs to respond to this thread with their upcoming initiatives towards junior/school/club rugby ....Also invite local clubs to post what they are doing (and are they inviting their competitors in the area as our resources are limited). The positive energy created by the rugby community should be harnessed , not politicised. Why not put some of that energy (afforded to the debate to cut Super teams over the past few years) into letting the community know know how to engage with Rugby at all levels AHEAD OF TIME . Maybe Bill Pulver could tell us what the ARU has coming up in the context of this post ...and maybe Brett Papworth etc on club rugby or a country club looking forward to an upcoming clinic tournament etc . If you think I am off course with this post,fine ..why not ask a sponsor what sort of engagement they expect . And I don't want to hear "It's the ARU'S job" ...that website is a shocker ...I'm getting off topic signing off ...

yourmatesam

Desmond Connor (43)
Brumbies and ARU couldn't give a fuck about Community Rugby. Wallabies, Super Rugby and Premier Rugby is where it's at for them and that's where the promotion and support for the game stops.

I won't be surprised if the Brumbies are headed to Melbourne. If you cast your mind back to the pre-Rebels era, the Brumbies wanted to call themselves the Southern Brumbies.

Status
Not open for further replies.