• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Interesting Bar Talk?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Biffo

Ken Catchpole (46)
If you could sit in a bar and drink with one person who live in the 20th century, who would you choose?

Moses

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
Boony... hopefully there is no closing time or responsible service in this bar

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
:lmao: @ Newb

Fuck I'd just be happy to get to a bar these days ...

Hmmm... its a close one between Mikhail Gorbachev and Dolly Parton

Moses

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
Newb said:
margaret thatcher..... then i'd take that little philly home :yay
Why don't you invite Thatch and Helen Clarke for a threesome?

Newb

Trevor Allan (34)
Moses said:
Newb is a chick?

out of that bunch, i suppose i'd be the most qualified. woof.

disclaimer: there's a rumor going around that i'm actually very manly. just to point that out...

B

BillyWebb

Newb said:
margaret thatcher..... then i'd take that little philly home :yay

:lmao:
Almost choked on my muesli.

It would have to be Churchill for me.
Not much to look at, and certainly won't be taking him home, but between his cutting wit and love for brandy and cigars, I'd expect a pretty good night out.
Of course it probably comes at the price of having lopped 10 years off my life after a night like that.

Gagger

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Staff member
An evening with Oliver Reed in the 70s would have been pretty entertaining

You wouldn't remember much of it though

Biffo

Ken Catchpole (46)
I have been asking the question for about 25 years. A few generalizations on the answers:

1. The poms almost all say Churchill.
2. About 20 per cent of answers are the same (and not Churchill)
3. No woman has ever selected a woman.
4. Actors get a disproportionately high rate of selection.
5. Politicians get a disproportionately low rate of selection.

Scarfman

Knitter of the Scarf
I'd like to meet God. If s/he is unavailable, due to universe-managing issues, I'd settle for Jesus. How interesting would that be? I'd like to meet him even if there's no god, and he's just a crazy guy.

Of living people, I'd like to meet the 14th Dalai Lama.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Biffo said:
4. Actors get a disproportionately high rate of selection.
5. Politicians get a disproportionately low rate of selection.

Yeah the actor thing is funny. What on earth makes anyone think actors have anything good to say? They're glorified puppets really and quite self-absorbed people. Whenever I think about how it would be to meet an actor, I think back to the days at High School where visiting acts would turn up to do the latest round of educational work or whatever dramatic style was in vogue at the time.

While some of the chicks were hot, all the actors were malodorous hippies who clung desperately to their jobs, knowing how hard it was to get work. At the same time they liked to play "suffering artist" to the hilt. That trend continued into university. Even Mel Gibson was a stinky git some day.

As for politicians... well none of the current crop except for Obama (to see what the legend is all about) or that Iranian bloke (because I need a good laugh and he probably doesn't drink alcohol i.e. I can shout him for not much)

R

rugbywhisperer

I'm with Scarfie - Dalai Lama - it's a no brainer for me

Gagger

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Staff member
Key qualities for drinking partner:
  • Shouts his round - Dalai Lama EPIC FAIL
  • Chick magnet to wing man off - Dalai Lama EPIC FAIL
  • Useful in a scrap - Dalai Lama EPIC FAIL
  • Can handle his piss - Dalai Lama EPIC FAIL
  • Makes sense when you're munted - Dalai Lama EPIC FAIL

Oliver Reed is the clear champion on all fronts

mark_s

Chilla Wilson (44)
Moses said:
Boony... hopefully there is no closing time or responsible service in this bar

Been there, done that - it wasn't as good as what you imagine. Boony was more of a slient drinker with lots of grunts for answers and (IMO) would probably take a slab to really get going.

Back in 97 when the wallaby half back position was up for grabs, we ran into Sam Payne and GG up the cross after a reds - tahs super game. The two boys obliging had a skull off for the wallaby 9 jersey with payne winning hands down - I don't think he ever played for the wobbs again. My last memory of that night is little and Herbet going nuts on the dance floor - someone told me they were dancing. Happy days. Did I digress, I'm sorry - bewen waiting 12 years to tell that sorry to some random people on the internet.

As for the original question - Keith Miller pretty much ticks all the boxes and Bob Hawke would also be good value.

Status
Not open for further replies.