• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Intro from me!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScepticalScotty

Stan Wickham (3)
G'day guys and girls,

I'm new here so I'll say some stuff about me so you know where you are coming from when you chat with me. :)

I'm from the Central Coast but moved to the UK in 2000 to go to the TT races on the Isle of Man and never went home. Married to an English lass in 2005 and we have 4 year old daughter.

I'm a biker, surfer, book fanatic, bagpipe and banjo playing sceptic. Humanist. I'm a health inspector with a couple of degrees - Hawkesbury Old Boy.

Rugby - my school didn't do rugby and the only exposure I got was mucking about at 9, as thats the only position in 1980 for a 60kg bloke who is only 5 foot 3!! Came to love the game through watching dear old Auntie ABC and seeing a host of Ellas on the run for Randwick in about 1980... Randwick, Plymouth Albion, Waratahs, HAC and Wallabies are the teams I barrack for.

Was at the Millenium when Stirling got knocked into next week and we lost. :'(

Live in South Devon now after 9 years in London - and loving it.

bye for now

Scotty

Aussie D

Dick Tooth (41)
ScepticalScotty said:
G'day guys and girls,

I'm new here so I'll say some stuff about me so you know where you are coming from when you chat with me. :)

I'm from the Central Coast but moved to the UK in 2000 to go to the TT races on the Isle of Man and never went home. Married to an English lass in 2005 and we have 4 year old daughter.

I'm a biker, surfer, book fanatic, bagpipe and banjo playing sceptic. Humanist. I'm a health inspector with a couple of degrees - Hawkesbury Old Boy.

Rugby - my school didn't do rugby and the only exposure I got was mucking about at 9, as thats the only position in 1980 for a 60kg bloke who is only 5 foot 3!! Came to love the game through watching dear old Auntie ABC and seeing a host of Ellas on the run for Randwick in about 1980... Randwick, Plymouth Albion, Waratahs, HAC and Wallabies are the teams I barrack for.

Was at the Millenium when Stirling got knocked into next week and we lost. :'(

Live in South Devon now after 9 years in London - and loving it.

bye for now

Scotty

Whereabouts on the Coast Scottie and did you play for a local team?

ScepticalScotty

Stan Wickham (3)
Hi D,

afraid I never played rugby more than 30-40 minutes at school where I discovered I was too small, too slow over a distance, could only pass from right to left...and they were my good points! Went to Henry Kendall, come from Point Clare.

My competition sport was squash - I played competition from 7 until I was 21, by that stage throughly sick of it, and also the truth was I was at best at the bottom of "A" grade could never make it higher.

Surfing was my life.....then motorcycles.....now both of them.

Scotty

Scarfman

Knitter of the Scarf
HAC!? The mightly blood 'n' mustard? Australian rugby is a small world. I never QUITE played for the HAC as I managed to break my shoulder just as I enrolled there. So I just watched the games and had a few beers.

I've stayed at UWS, though, I'm now an academic.

Status
Not open for further replies.