• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

IRB Sevens 2013/14 - Round 2 - Dubai

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Draw just made.

Pool A
NZ
Kenya
France
Portugal

Pool B
Australia
Wales
Scotland
Spain

Pool C
England
Fiji
Canada
USA

Pool D
South Africa
Samoa
Argentina
Russia

p.Tah

John Thornett (49)
Highly likely but you've already relegated the Aussies to losing the CG final?!

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Yep. We're about to get absolutely hammered in a scoreline that only @PaarlBok would predict.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
NZL 40 - AUS 19 is a hammering in anyones language.

1 week away from round 2 in Dubai and 2 weeks away from Round 3 in Port Elizabeth.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
Was just switching the channels and found out that the Dubais Sevens is on live now - Day 1.

Don't know any results.

WorkingClassRugger

David Codey (61)
Was just switching the channels and found out that the Dubais Sevens is on live now - Day 1.

Don't know any results.

The Aussie girls got through to the semi final to play a surprisingly strong Russian team. They snuck home over the English in the 1/4. Bombed two tries through white line fever in the first 4 minutes.

Don't know about the men's team. It was pretty tight with Scotland (14-12 our way) when I last tuned in.

p.Tah

John Thornett (49)
The Aussie girls got through to the semi final to play a surprisingly strong Russian team. They snuck home over the English in the 1/4. Bombed two tries through white line fever in the first 4 minutes.

I really enjoyed the Aussie women's game. Both teams ran great lines, had good passing skills and there were some crunching tackles.

Home with the kids tonight and I watched it in a pitch black room on the iPad, with the sound off whilst trying to get the baby to sleep. Every now and then I'll let out a quiet cheer and wake the baby and start from scratch again.

Good Sevens is so engaging. I hope the ARU take up your summer sevens idea.

WorkingClassRugger

David Codey (61)
I really enjoyed the Aussie women's game. Both teams ran great lines, had good passing skills and there were some crunching tackles.

Home with the kids tonight and I watched it in a pitch black room on the iPad, with the sound off whilst trying to get the baby to sleep. Every now and then I'll let out a quiet cheer and wake the baby and start from scratch again.

Good Sevens is so engaging. I hope the ARU take up your summer sevens idea.

The level of play so far this season has been particularly impressive. Teams are really beginning to step it up in both the mens and womens.

I'm thinking of writing something up on The Roar either tonight or tomorrow about that very issue. I think Pulver has almost got everything right with the exception of looking to utilise the Olympic status of 7s on a commercial scale.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
Not to be.

Oz made too many errors with their possession and Wales deserved to win 19-14.

Oz go in relegation games.

Nusadan

Chilla Wilson (44)
Wow...what a comeback, the Oz women behind 22-0 before HT and looking ragged, and after being 7-27 after the start of the 2nd half, ran in amazing four converted tries to pluck an amazing win from the AB women who had taken it easy replacing their experienced players when so far ahead! An Oz debutant Rachel Crothers managed to score a hat trick of tries out of nothing and set up another, she was only plucked from the beach sprints few weeks ago!

emuarse

Desmond Connor (43)
NZL 40 - AUS 19 is a hammering in anyones language.

1 week away from round 2 in Dubai and 2 weeks away from Round 3 in Port Elizabeth.

I'm not saying that the Kiwis wouldn't have won that game, but you need to remember that the Aussi lads had the last game of the semi finals against the Yarpis which went into extra time.
After that, everyone knew the home team had no chance against anybody in the final.
But to lose to Wales and then to Scotland in this Dubai series, what the f*^#

RoffsChoice

Jim Lenehan (48)
Proud of the women, they did really well to keep in it and stay focused on what they had to do to win.

Disappointed as hell with the men, they made a LOT of errors and without them would have defeated Wales and Scotland.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
Mrs Wamberal and I really enjoyed the Women's QF between Spain and Canada. It reminded me of the good old days, when I lived in HKG, and went to the Sevens every year without fail. The best games were always the ones between the minnows!

The skill levels of the women are pretty impressive, if I can say that without appearing to be sexist.

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
Didnt actually know the 7's was on so lucky I got the replay.

Hard luck to the men but well done to the girls, great win! :) Excellent come back. Loved the try when we were 28-27 up, good use of agility to beat faster opponents.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
HTF are we in the Bowl SF vs Samoa? (Rhetorical question) Winner to play Portugal in Final.

Ed Jenkins scores meat unconverted, 5 minutes left.

More meat for Cap'n Ed. Conversion is good. Gold lead 12-0 10 seconds left in 1st half.

Try to Samoa, FaaFou, conversion is good. 12-7, 4 min 30 left.

More meat for Samoa - Lolo, converted. 12-14. 1 min 30 left.

After a great break by Walker, Stannard finishes off with meat under the sticks to win after the siren 19- 14.

AUS to play POR in the Bowl Final.

Status
Not open for further replies.