• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Ireland v Australia

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member

papabear

Watty Friend (18)
in the wales v sa try p61 isn't the sa guy who runs the ball down from the kick off side??

sorry my quoting doesn't work.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
I wonder if we will hear about this or whether it will be dealt with 'in-house'? Do we need to hear about, I guess is the more pertinent question.

Phil

Chris McKivat (8)
What would they know, FP, we were crap, don't you know?
Isn't it amazing!I watched both Wales game and Irish one with the local commentary and they were so complimentary and positive about how the Wallabies played.Such a contrast from the negative comments we get on various rugby sites in Oz.
Must say I love those Irish accents,too.Unfortunately I will get poms commentating this weekend,so hope the Wobs can shut them up.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Bit more info

The Wallabies expect to be slapped with a repair bill and are prepared to pay the costs of fixing a hole in the wall at Lansdowne Road after the discovery of dressing room damage in Dublin.
The Wallabies say a member of the support staff caused a hole in the wall and the team immediately notified the IRFU – Ireland's governing rugby body – following the 26-23 defeat last weekend.
Estimates of repairs have been set at 8000 euros, or more than $11,000. But the Wallabies have dismissed the initial cost estimates as ridiculous while the Irish Examiner reported costs at "a few thousand euro".
It's understood the hole was a result of a door handle hitting the wall in the change rooms.
"There was an accident after the match involving one of our support staff," an ARU spokesman said.
"We made the IRFU aware of this on the evening of the game and have offered our assistance in any way if required."
The Irish Examiner said the IRFU declined to comment and that it was yet to decide whether it would bill the Australian team for what the Wallabies described as "minor damage".
The identity of the support staff member has not been revealed, but it is understood that it was not coach Michael Cheika.

mxyzptlk

Colin Windon (37)
Any Irish fans want a read at work, this guy (Kinsella) always has good articles post game.

http://www.thescore.ie/analysis-ireland-defence-second-half-1797330-Nov2014/

Companion piece: Sexton gave a decent interview to RTE about their end of year Tests, including their performance against Australia. It's a lot more comprehensive than most player interviews, almost one for the rugby geek.

http://www.rte.ie/sport/rugby/irish...-looks-back-on-the-year-that-was-for-ireland/

T

Train Without a Station

Based on that report if I was the ARU, I'd actually be disputing the cost. Clearly the door did not have a door stop, which would be included by a competent's architect's design and installed by a competent builder, funnily enough, to stop cases like this!

Status
Not open for further replies.