• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Ireland V Wales (SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Spook

A great grand slam win for the men in Green - thoroughly deserved. :thumb :D Where is Thomo?

S

Spook

I don't think BOD deserved the MOTM..surely Paul O'Connell was the best player in the park (and tournament)

Sagerian

Allen Oxlade (6)
POC was definitely best on field, but it doesn't matter cos I'm so very happy with the result. The atmosphere in the pub was insane, it went quiet when Wales went ahead, erupted when ROG kicked the drop goal, went quiet when Paddy Wallace commited the penalty, then erupted once more when Jones missed the kick.

Grand Slam, 6 Nations and Triple crown.

The only downside was because of working saturday, the tahs game and then the 6 nations (and the much partying afterwards), I was awake for 36 hours straight and started hallucinating. :)

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Havent watch the game but what a weekend for the Iere. :thumb Not only did my favourate 6 nation team won but also the Chiefs lot!.

Enjoy the grand slam Thomo, the pleasure wont last that long till your lot arrive as Lions in SA. :thumb

Gagger

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Staff member
Thomo still not home yet?

That was quite an expensive penalty miss for the Taffs. I heard they missed ?100k worth of win bonus because of it and dropped to 4th on the ladder.

Freakin poms got to 2nd!! :eek: ??? :angryfire:

Cutter

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
For some reason, despite having more Irish ancestors than is healthy (and no Welsh ancestors), I cant take to the Irish team. I like POC but the other players, by and large, annoy me. Particularly BOD, DOC and ROG. I admire ROG though.

The Irish dominance in the lineout was the key factor and, for that reason alone, POC should have been MoM. Am I using too many TLAs?

Thomond78

Colin Windon (37)
POC should have been MOTM, I'd agree. He absolutely ate the Welsh lineout alive, carried like a mad thing and was just generally terrifying.

Nice day to be in Cardiff, so it was. ;D

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Thomond78 said:

Just get home Thomo? What'd you do, swim? ;D ;D ;D

Well done to the Irish team, a fabulous game to watch, even from here. Jack Kyle can now die a happy man, but not soon please.

S

Spook

Lindommer said:
Thomond78 said:

Just get home Thomo? What'd you do, swim? ;D ;D ;D

Well done to the Irish team, a fabulous game to watch, even from here. Jack Kyle can now die a happy man, but not soon please.

I was worried he'd have a heart attack. Kidney has destroyed some of the egos in the Irish side and the result is excellent. I think Deans did something similar for Oz last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.