• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

ISA Rugby 2014

2014 Champions

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
To start the Rep Selection Season early, this is my take on who will be where next season, based on 2013 Rep Teams:

I may have got a couple of these wrong.

Off to Colts* in 2014
ISA 1s
2. Matthew EDWARDS St Patricks
4. John MELVILLE St Stanislaus'
5. Joshua ANDERSON Oakhill
7. Billy FREEMAN Kinross Woloroi
9. James TAEFOTU St. Augustine's College
10. Matt ARNOLD St. Augustine's College
11. Charlie TAYLOR St. Augustine's College
12. Arthur CURRIE St Gregorys
13. Jed IBBOTSON St. Augustine's College
14. Hayden COCHRANE St. Augustine's College
15. Ben COTTON Oakhill

ISA 2s
2. Max COOK St. Augustine's College
3. Philip AGLIOZZO St Patricks
4. Adam Hanigan St. Augustine's College
8. Tony ABRAHAM St Patricks
9. Max BRINNAND Oakhill
10. Christian KAGIASSIS St Gregorys
12. Jeffrey MARKUS St Patricks
14. Grant McDONALD St. Augustine's College
15. David GREEN St Gregorys

19. Conor BURKE St Stanislaus' (#8)
20. Jack DONLON St. Augustine's College (Midfield back)
21. Jaydon FA'AVAE St Gregorys (Halfback)
22. Joseph CRAWFORD St Stanislaus'
23. Ryan HARRIS St Patricks

Believed Injured
J PACKER St. Augustine's College

I'll be back (2014 Year 12)
ISA 1s
1. Aisea TUKIPILI St. Augustine's College
3. James PARTRIDGE Oakhill
6. John WALKER St. Augustine's College
8. James LOUGH St. Augustine's College

ISA 2s
5. Emerson ADCOCK St Andrews
6. Siaosi HALAIFONUA St. Augustine's College
7. Declan MOORE St Andrews
11. Marcus HUNDT Central Coast Grammar
13. Ned YEOMANS Kinross Woloroi

16. Brendan HOLLIS St. Augustine's Colleges (#2)
17. Conor DAVIDSON Chevalier College (Prop)
18. Patrick BYRNE Chavalier College (Prop)

Believed Injured
B FONTAINE St. Augustine's College
J KAPLAN St. Augustine's College

The returning Veterans should form the nucleus of the 2014 ISA I's team if they can retain their form and remain injury free.

Edit:
*Colts 2014 could also mean Mungo, Subbies, Surfing, Womanising, Too Busy with Study, Gap Year, Travelling, Chillin' Out, Got a Job, etc.

Edit2: Changes made to the lists from feedback in later posts

sarcophilus

Charlie Fox (21)
2014 has the potential for being a good vintage for ISA opens, Given the 2012 and 2013 results in the 16 age group. a strong 3rd and a credible undefeated 5th at the NSW schools carnivals
Possibly a "Classic Blend" of the '96 and '97 seasons.
Two years might be a long time to carry form at school boys but I don't expect this lot will have gone to vinegar yet.

RugbyTears

Chris McKivat (8)
I know results of the 13s, 14s, 15s and 16s do not guarantee 1st XV sucess in years to come. But in case anyone is interested, here is how the comp tables ended up for ISA 1st Div this year.
13As : 1/Pius 2/Auggies 3/Pats 4/Oakhill 5/Stannies 6/Kinross 7/Gregs
14As : 1/Stannies 2/Auggies 3/Pats 4/Oakhill 5/Pius 6/Kinross 7/ Gregs
15As : 1/Pats 2/Auggies 3/Stannies 4/Kinross 5/Oakhill 6/Pius 7/Gregs
16As : 1/Auggies 2/Stannies 3/Oakhill 4/Pats 5/Kinross 6/Pius 7/Gregs

(Note... in the 15s Auggies & Pats finished with 5 wins each, Kinross, Oakhill & Stannies finished with 3 wins each)

Runner

Nev Cottrell (35)
i would suspect that in 13A the Pius boys might meet teams that will phyically mature and catch up in 2014.
Auggies look consistant across all those age groups.

Whale berry

Larry Dwyer (12)
Spx 13A belted St Aug this year so I think they will be competitive until about U/16 when all the scholarship players suddenly appear in some teams.

sarcophilus

Charlie Fox (21)
Growth patterns and testosterone a fickle things particularly for boys between 13 and 16. As posted on a seperate thread the lads may double in size from 11-16. The collection of large lads at SPX that ran riot though the ISA this year may have been recipients of early deliveries of these hormones. Sometimes looking at the stock they came from helps. If their families have Gourley or Sironen proportions on either side there maybe room in their potential to fill.

Let he lads enjoy what they are doing now and don't play the "underdog " card before it is dealt. Winning and whinging isn't pretty.
Don't go blaming schools with programs and coaches that have a good records or connections for attracting lads that want to progress in football.

There is nothing to stop SPX developing relations with Nth Sydney and Gordon in the manner Oak Hill or St Augustine's could with the clubs their local players play for in village rugby. In fact they couldn't be better paced to do so.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
To start the Rep Selection Season early, this is my take on who will be where next season, based on 2013 Rep Teams:

I may have got a couple of these wrong.

Off to Colts* in 2014
ISA 1s
2. Matthew EDWARDS St Patricks
4. John MELVILLE St Stanislaus'
5. Joshua ANDERSON Oakhill
7. Billy FREEMAN Kinross Woloroi
9. James TAEFOTU St. Augustine's College
10. Matt ARNOLD St. Augustine's College
11. Charlie TAYLOR St. Augustine's College
12. Arthur CURRIE St Gregorys
13. Jed IBBOTSON St. Augustine's College
14. Hayden COCHRANE St. Augustine's College
15. Ben COTTON Oakhill

ISA 2s
2. Max COOK St. Augustine's College
3. Philip AGLIOZZO St Patricks
4. Adam Hanigan St. Augustine's College
6. Siaosi HALAIFONUA St. Augustine's College
8. Tony ABRAHAM St Patricks
9. Max BRINNAND Oakhill
10. Christian KAGIASSIS St Gregorys
12. Jeffrey MARKUS St Patricks
14. Grant McDONALD St. Augustine's College
15. David GREEN St Gregorys

19. Conor BURKE St Stanislaus' (#8)
20. Jack DONLON St. Augustine's College (Midfield back)
22. Joseph CRAWFORD St Stanislaus'
23. Ryan HARRIS St Patricks

Believed Injured
J PACKER St. Augustine's College

I'll be back (2014 Year 12)
ISA 1s
1. Aisea TUKIPILI St. Augustine's College
3. James PARTRIDGE Oakhill
6. John WALKER St. Augustine's College
8. James LOUGH St. Augustine's College

ISA 2s
5. Emerson ADCOCK St Andrews
7. Declan MOORE St Andrews
11. Marcus HUNDT Central Coast Grammar
13. Ned YEOMANS Kinross Woloroi

16. Brendan HOLLIS St. Augustine's Colleges (#2)
17. Conor DAVIDSON Chevalier College (Prop)

Believed Injured
B FONTAINE St. Augustine's College
J KAPLAN St. Augustine's College

The returning Veterans should form the nucleus of the 2014 ISA I's team if they can retain their form and remain injury free.

Edit:
*Colts 2014 could also mean Mungo, Subbies, Surfing, Womanising, Too Busy with Study, Gap Year, Travelling, Chillin' Out, Got a Job, etc.
I think you'll find that Siaosi HALAIFONUA St. Augustine's College is only in Year 11, so one assumes he'll be back in 2014 as well.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
I am surprised that Oakhill has not a vote to win in 2014
They might have a couple of weak age groups. I'm surprised Kinross doesn't have a vote. They only just went down to Augustines with a team that won the 16As the year before.

Runner

Nev Cottrell (35)
Auggies beat Kinross in a sloppy game in orange 15-8

Looking back over 2013 they got the closest to Auggies 1st XV so your correct Quick Hands they could be a threat.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Auggies beat Kinross in a sloppy game in orange 15-8

Looking back over 2013 they got the closest to Auggies 1st XV so your correct Quick Hands they could be a threat.
2014 will certainly be their best chance for quite a while I'd think.

rugbyfanatic123

Stan Wickham (3)
Although having a relatively disappointing season last year, I believe St. Pat's are one team that will trouble the likes of Auggies, Oakhill and Kinross in 2014. Their 15's had a successful season in 2013 displaying a promising future. Also, they have a variety of players returning in 2014 who have First XV experience including:

Benet James (ISA 16'S rep. 2013), Albert Jenson, Daniel Calavassey, Angus Chapman, Joseph Carbo, Matthew Jenkins, Joshua Nohra, and the very crafty Matthew Thomas.

Pats have been unlucky with injuries and have always had a lack of size for many years. Predicting an upset over one/two of the big three.

My Prediction: 3rd

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
With 5 back from ISA rep duties, St Auggies have to be favourites yet again for Div 1, and Chevalier looking good for the Div 2 Title.

The main battles will be in the contest for the minor placings in both divisions.
Kinross, Stannies, Pats and Oakhill will all fancy themselves for the Silver Medal in Div 1.
Redfields, and Central Coast with Andrews as slim outside chance will similarly be up for the minor podium positions in Div 2.

Bigger question, will AICES and ISA Div 3 schools play some games against each other to improve the competition and standards within their rugby programmes?

The participation pyramid must grow from the base.

Success in ISA rugby should not be judged in who wins the various competitions, but how many kids participate in the competition games, and how many more that number was over last year.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Some AICES schools already play ISA. Kinross for example is an AICES school.

I would imagine the main issue with organising the matches of which you speak is the timing. Some schools have made a conscious decision to play Saturday sport and are very reluctant to play any matches mid-week. Other schools have made a deliberate decision NOT to play Saturday sport and to play sport either during school hours or mid-week after school.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
^^^ Good point.

Then maybe ISA (or yet another association) should be looking to foster a mid week Inter-school rugby competition between schools that do not want to play Saturday games.

Perhaps running 10-aside games/tournaments for smaller schools that struggle with numbers.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
There is at least one such competition running. The private schools on the Peninsula have organised the Peninsula Cup, which has been running for about 15 years now with schools such as St Luke's Grammar, Pittwater House, NB Christian School, Oxford Falls Grammar and many others.

Opens, 15s and 13s divisions, played at 4pm on either Mondays or Wednesdays.

Runner

Nev Cottrell (35)
There is at least one such competition running. The private schools on the Peninsula have organised the Peninsula Cup, which has been running for about 15 years now with schools such as St Luke's Grammar, Pittwater House, NB Christian School, Oxford Falls Grammar and many others.

Opens, 15s and 13s divisions, played at 4pm on either Mondays or Wednesdays.

Would you suggest they play Auggies who are in the area?

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
They'd all forfeit. St Augustine's used to play in the competition before they went into ISA and won most of their matches by forfeit. No other local schools go in the Waratah Shield anymore for the same reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.