• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

ISA Rugby 2014

2014 Champions

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

the baz

Alfred Walker (16)
Early days yet but Possible ISA I (based on 2013 form)

1. Aisea TUKIPILI St. Augustine's College
2. Brendan HOLLIS St. Augustine's College
3. Conor DAVIDSON Chevalier College
5. Emerson ADCOCK St Andrews
6. Siaosi HALAIFONUA St. Augustine's College
7. John WALKER St. Augustine's College
8. James LOUGH St. Augustine's College
9. Jaydon FA'AVAE St Gregorys
13. Ned YEOMANS Kinross Woloroi
15. B FONTAINE St. Augustine's College

17. James PARTRIDGE Oakhill
18. Patrick BYRNE Chevalier College
19. Declan MOORE St Andrews

Gaps to be filled by ISA U16 2013 boys.
Any smokies that may surprise? maybe from stannies, Pius, et al?

Cyclops

Stan Wickham (3)
It was a game of two halves at Breen oval today. When the teams stood shoulder to shoulder before the whistle, it was apparent that St Pat's would need to punch above their weight to stay in this game.

Indeed Pat's came out hard and put a great try on the board after valiant defence against a wave of early phases from Knox. St Pats demonstrated some kind of magic in the black jersey; that had them matching Knox right across the park. Knox were playing good rugby and returned fire with their own converted try, to go to half-time at 7 all.

After the break, it became apparent that St Pats had played their entire match in the first half. Two quick tries from Knox and another two, not long after, put the result beyond doubt. Knox played some excellent running rugby, spreading the ball from one side to the other, with great passing and good line speed. St Pats held on bravely and halted the onslaught for parts of the second half, but they were run ragged by slick ball movement and good long passes to fast men. To the credit of the smaller St Pat's forwards, they held up against the attacks down the middle. But they had nothing left in the tank, trying to cover so much distance, as Knox ran them from one side to the other.

St Pat's scored a good try to finish the match; and this was their best hit-out so far. The passes are starting to stick and the back line combinations were creating opportunities out wide. The scrum and line-outs are also getting better.

A great win to Knox. It was like someone flicked a switch at half-time and they came out firing. Congratulations and best of luck with the CAS season.

thejuggler

Frank Nicholson (4)
Hi Everyone,

Looking forward to Round 1 of the Div II comp with Chev playing host to Redfield on Saturday. Didn't think I could make it, but in late breaking news, my Qld commitment has disappeared, so I'll be on the sidelines shooting pix for pic'n'drive. Chev has plenty returning from the side beaten in last year's grand final, so hopes are high.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Some potentially season ending injuries to key players I'm told.

ISA Div II (10 round Home and Away like CAS) apparently starts this week.
ISA Div I starts at some future date as it is only a 6 round Home or Away competition.

When does ISA Div I start?

There is no draw for ISA Div I, II or III posted on the ISA Website, which I might add for the nth time is rather user unfriendly.

With ISA I starting in a couple of weeks time, there may be time for the Augies injured to recover before the competition. Schoolkids have amazing recouperative capacities.

blackie

Bob McCowan (2)
Hi Everyone,

Looking forward to Round 1 of the Div II comp with Chev playing host to Redfield on Saturday. Didn't think I could make it, but in late breaking news, my Qld commitment has disappeared, so I'll be on the sidelines shooting pix for pic'n'drive. Chev has plenty returning from the side beaten in last year's grand final, so hopes are high.

Chev to field a 2nd's in the ISA Div 3 competition this year.

This is the first time since dropping to Div 2 that Chev had a 2nd's in a legitimate ISA competition.

Well done to the convenor's of ISA for thinking outside of the square so that more kids can play Rugby.

pilot

Allen Oxlade (6)
ISA Div I starts at some future date as it is only a 6 round Home or Away competition.

There is no draw for ISA Div I, II or III posted on the ISA Website, which I might add for the nth time is rather user unfriendly.

With ISA I starting in a couple of weeks time, there may be time for the Augies injured to recover before the competition. Schoolkids have amazing recouperative capacities.

ISA 1 starts 24th May.

Oakhill won their 3 South American tour games. No injuries reported. They have tough game this weekend against Newington at Stanmore

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
Yeah, heard that tonight.
Terrible news for the kid,a very severe loss for a team reliant on a forward domination game.
I thought he was a strong contender for a Schoolboys jumper.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)

Yes, the ISA website is completely useless as a source of information.

I believe the competition starts May 24.

Dr.AbsXI

Stan Wickham (3)
Stannies vs Riverview Saturday should be an alright game. Riverview are missing a few key players to aths but ill give analysis of a few key players:

Jack Minke (backrow) - have to watch this fella. from west wyalong and provides a safe option for the view forward pack. notable for his enthusiasm for a solid unders line. should be alright on the weekend

Jack Rudd (lock) - tall lanky kid renowned for his excellent lung capacity and defense. extremely capable defender however also is a strong ball runner. should go alright tomorrow.

Reneker (backrow, frontrow, 2nd row) - unsure about this kids first name but i have only heard good things about him come from the riverview camp. after a stint in aussie rules he has returned to his union roots, where he played under 12's brumbies provincial and was one of the better players by far. whilst he must be a bit rusty i have heard that he is an amazing ball runner, great defender and an almost definite starter for the GPS 1sts. will definitely carve up stannies tomorrow

LAchlan Condon (fly half) - Stannies should attack this kid, nothing special at all. lucky to be in the side however will have a crack. wont perform too great

I predict Riverview by 20+ - thoughts?

Peter Patrol

Frank Row (1)
Reneker (backrow, frontrow, 2nd row) - unsure about this kids first name but i have only heard good things about him come from the riverview camp. after a stint in aussie rules he has returned to his union roots, where he played under 12's brumbies provincial and was one of the better players by far. whilst he must be a bit rusty i have heard that he is an amazing ball runner, great defender and an almost definite starter for the GPS 1sts. will definitely carve up stannies tomorrow

This could not be further from the truth. My son, used to play with this young Reneker, and he was nothing special at all. Came to Riverview and was in the lowest team each year. Now i don't know if this is Reneker himself, but pleas stop talking about something that is so incorrect. You are ruining this site, and your comments will not be tolerated

Dr.AbsXI

Stan Wickham (3)
This could not be further from the truth. My son, used to play with this young Reneker, and he was nothing special at all. Came to Riverview and was in the lowest team each year. Now i don't know if this is Reneker himself, but pleas stop talking about something that is so incorrect. You are ruining this site, and your comments will not be tolerated

Wow mate... I am a GPS rugby enthusiast and have been for a while, giving me several connections with the teams. These kids I've given quick analysis of are of my opinion, yours obviously differs however we can perhaps discuss in a less aggressive manner. Feel free to convey your thoughts but choose a good way to do it - you must be new around here

How are Stannies shaping up for Saturday?

Dr.AbsXI

Stan Wickham (3)
Havent heard much about kings? Anyone know anything?

Considering you're in the ISA thread asking about the Kings school I doubt not many people know much here. Unlucky mate - I'm sure it's almost Recess time so get out there and have a run around to get rid of your enthusiasm

Status
Not open for further replies.