• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

ISA div 2 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

sjg

Frank Nicholson (4)
bit late in the season, but any news out there about results and how teams are going??

sjg

Frank Nicholson (4)
ha no1 out there?? well i guess ill start
all saints college over redlands 7-5
intense game, the field was a swamp and the forwards controlled them game. saints got over the line in the first half to open the scoring, and held out numerous redlands attacks till midway in the second half when the redlands winger scored in the corner. Redlands continued to assualt the asc line until the final minute, all credit to both teams, fantastic game. the asc pack had redlands measure in the scrums, winning a few against the head. redlands lineout worked well in the conditions, and the backs made a few runs deep into asc territory. the asc forwards worked well to retain possession and absorbed redlands attacking pressure during the second half.
a close game well contested, well done to all the boys.

Scarfman

Knitter of the Scarf
No name: please avoid posts like this one, and posts like "And?" and so on. Only post if you have information you want to get across.

Cheers.

Thin Thighs

Ted Fahey (11)
Rugbyfan,
Go easy on the poor sausage.
Sydney Grade and Colts results are very quickly posted on the NSW Rugby web site, yet posters still ask for scores from time to time.
GPS, and CAS results are similarly printed in Herald and Telegraph paper, although again posters still ask for them.

I also recall someone asking for a score of a GPS Under 15A's game the other week. The result was provided by some kindly correspondent, without reference to the GPS 15A's copetition being of interest to a minority group.

I seem to have missed your dismissive comment related to that post.

If you are not particularly interested in ISA Second Division results, then perhaps you shouldn't bother your good self to open the thread.

You seem to have an interesting view on open dialogue and debate. If it does not interest you, then the person (in this case dmw) should just piss off and stop annoying you. Hmmmm.

D

dmw

in fact you cannot find the results in the smh nor have they been published all season in the SMH. if you are not interested in division II ISA why enter the debate results are a way of generating discussion for a minority group

Thin Thighs

Ted Fahey (11)
look in the Sunday Herald or Sunday Telegraph sports section.

ISA div 2 results and detail is often a little sporadic. Not sure where the papers source the results from.

Last weekend results from the sunday's telegraph are:
Chev 31 Redlands 23
Central Coast 24 Oxley 14
Redfield 14 All Saints 5

D

dmw

many kind thanks rural and remote editions generally don't have results as they leave citycentric sydney too early looking forward to teh finals this week

D

dmw

and results are not in the sunday papers if u live over the blue mountains. please relax i didn't sign up to this forum to be attacked so i must leave it now

SuperGrover

Darby Loudon (17)
Perhaps a bit late, but I was there to watch Chev v Redlands last weekend.

A much closer game than the score suggests with Redlands leading from kickoff until the final minutes when Chev ran in two quick tries. Redlands looked to be in control and had by far the better field position, however, Chev's back row (esp 8 if anyone knows who he is?.. they were chanting chugga) and no 1 were able to use big carries and clever offloads to take advantage of a tiring defensive line late in the game. Chev's coach was the NSW II's coach this year and seems to have Chev playing a clever game of offloading to compensate for a less than dominant pack (although no 1 has been injured all season and definitely brought some size back on the weekend).

Was hoping to see the NSW I's no 9 (Black I think his name is) running around, but is apparently injured. fill in no 9 did the job though.

Will be interested to see how the semi-finals went at Oakhill this weekend.

D

dmw

i would think it is extremely diffiuclt for Division II players to make the ISA squad. there wre only about 6 division II players from a squad of 60. They really have to play well on trials day to even be noticed against teh Division I schools school does not always equal ability

D

deefence

Chev number 8 is contracted with Brisbane Broncos has been playing league most of the year - Broncos fly him up on Thursday nights - he only plays a few rugby games each year

D

deefence

Daniel Alvaro is his name - he also played in the Queensland under 18 Rugby League side this year -

D

dmw

Chev much bigger pack against All saints but did not really dominate them. 7-0 half time Chev scored one other try when All saints down to 14 men. Both teams had trys held up.

blindside

Stan Wickham (3)
Redlands are ISA Div 2 Champions for 2010. In an enthralling battle Redlands were able to come from behind and run Chevalier down. It was a big crowd and great conditions at Oakhill College, Redlands opened the scoring through a slick try and then kicked a penalty goal to jump out to 10-0. Chev fought straight back with 2 tries going to the break 14-10, albeit running with the wind. Then the Redlands 10, (that kid has a great future), took total control of the game. Firstly it was Wally Lewis like when he carved up the Chev defensive line scoring a try adjacent to the post. Then he contiuned to turn the bigger Chev pack around and giving their back 3 nightmares with continually kicks into the corner. Redlands 9 and 14 were also superb. A great game played in great spirit between 2 great teams. Well done to all.

H

huale768

intense game, the field was a swamp and the forwards controlled them game. saints got over the line in the first half to open the scoring, and held out numerous redlands attacks till midway in the second half when the redlands winger scored in the corner. Redlands continued to assualt the asc line until the final minute, all credit to both teams, fantastic game. the asc pack had redlands measure in the scrums, winning a few against the head. redlands lineout worked well in the conditions, and the backs made a few runs deep into asc territory. the asc forwards worked well to retain possession and absorbed redlands attacking pressure during the second half. i would think it is extremely diffiuclt for Division II players to make the ISA squad. there wre only about 6 division II players from a squad of 60. They really have to play well on trials day to even be noticed against teh Division I schools school does not always equal ability .

Status
Not open for further replies.