• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

ISA Rugby 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tah123

Herbert Moran (7)
St Pats 13 beat St Gregs 10.
St Gregs lost rather than St Pats won.
Scrappy game with a tonne of infringements from St Gregs.

Stephen Moore

Bob McCowan (2)
Pius are carving the seconds comp and kudos to them! What more to expect from a school where rugby is faltering. Cant believe the Stannies banter judging by their performance against Auggies the other week and could shape to nearly win the comp. Auggies should chalk another win this week against KWS with a finally full strength team.
More on Stannies:
Heard some rumours through the ISA rep vine that Jack Veitch tore his PCL on Tuesday climbing a fence at the school farm. If so this will really hurt his representative prospects. I worked with him last year at the ISA level and had him earmarked for schoolboys this year. A sad turn of events for an amazing player.
Could however allow room for Josh Zuback in the centres as he is also an outstanding ball runner and strong in defence.
Any word on this would be much appreciated.
Im predicting an comfortable win against KWS this week at home. Any guns in that side? Ive heard Charlie Mortimer is the Cpt and one to watch.
Also good to see Jack Ongosia (ankle) and Cam Johns (shoulder) back from injury to carve the KWS defence.
Pius are carving the seconds comp and kudos to them! What more to expect from a school where rugby is faltering. Cant believe the Stannies banter judging by their performance against Auggies the other week and could shape to nearly win the comp. Auggies should chalk another win this week against KWS with a finally full strength team.
More on Stannies:
Heard some rumours through the ISA rep vine that Jack Veitch tore his PCL on Tuesday climbing a fence at the school farm. If so this will really hurt his representative prospects. I worked with him last year at the ISA level and had him earmarked for schoolboys this year. A sad turn of events for an amazing player.
Could however allow room for Josh Zuback in the centres as he is also an outstanding ball runner and strong in defence.
Any word on this would be much appreciated.
Im predicting an comfortable win against KWS this week at home. Any guns in that side? Ive heard Charlie Mortimer is the Cpt and one to watch.
Also good to see Jack Ongosia (ankle) and Cam Johns (shoulder) back from injury to carve the KWS defence.
Don't you look like a right idiot! What a game! What a result! Congrats to KWS Don't you just love a good underdog story!

Stephen Moore

Bob McCowan (2)
Also watched in bathurst today seeing as there was no game in Orange. And Stannies played well despite lacking Veitch, the new blonde centre shows some real grit and moved well with Hardie. Veitch to get scans through the week, best case he will be right KWS at home next week but I doubt it. Some great lines from the new Kerrison and Hardie combination setup Stannies perfectly!
Oaks were also solid, getting an easy win in the seconds!
Great day of great rugby

Outsideback21

Bob McCowan (2)
Despite their losses, Gregs have really showed some grit this year! Each game they've played has been competitive and they only get better every week. With the state of the comp with the big teams like St Augustines and Oaks looking weak, I dare say that they may have a decent go at the premiership

nothismum

Frank Nicholson (4)
Actually the last 10 minutes were dominated by penalties in Bathurst, last points were from a penalty from in front. This is always the case when you travel to Bathurst. Auggies and Oakhill will have an easier time at home.

Schoolboy Rugby

Frank Row (1)
Pius again carving up div 2, with big wins by firsts and thirds, and a smaller win by seconds due to a shortened game time. Overall, great result for the boys in blue

Rugbybloke123

Herbert Moran (7)
Pius again carving up div 2, with big wins by firsts and thirds, and a smaller win by seconds due to a shortened game time. Overall, great result for the boys in blue
Whilst they are doing well, I feel that being in div 2, winning comfortably should be expected thus not that much of a 'great result'. However, I am looking forward to seeing if any 2nds team can match it with the boys from oxford falls (I feel that augustines may be able to given their results) or if they will be too strong for div 2 this season.

Tah123

Herbert Moran (7)
From what I witnessed on Saturday the St Pius 1st XV would give any 1st XV in the ISA a run for their money, especially considering one of their better players was watching from the sidelines. Would like to see the boys from Chatswood in the 1st XV comp next year.
Also, a note to the ISA administration --- please update your website.

DaSchmooze

Syd Malcolm (24)
Whilst they are doing well, I feel that being in div 2, winning comfortably should be expected thus not that much of a 'great result'. However, I am looking forward to seeing if any 2nds team can match it with the boys from oxford falls (I feel that augustines may be able to given their results) or if they will be too strong for div 2 this season.

Agreed. But if this season is the shot in the arm I'm led to believe their program needs then so be it. Success begets success, so if they can have a season where they get more wins than losses, it might help drive participation and their numbers will be up which is a great thing.

Outsideback21

Bob McCowan (2)
<deleted>
Kinross captain, Yeomans is a fantastic young player, quick to the breakdown and crisp in offence, as well as a great leader <deleted> This season is shaping up to be a decisive year for the Kinross boys. Can't wait for the rest of the season!

DaSchmooze

Syd Malcolm (24)
There's been big talk in the town of Orange with the emergence of the hard hitting and fearless KWS player-Nathaniel Vazourous. Well and truly proved himself on the weekend against Auggies with his relentless defence and spirit. Very impressed with his start to the season with a monster boot of the tee slotting many crucial points throughout the year. Will be a handful for the Stannies boys this weekend I'm sure
Camaraderie is high in the team this season for KWS with all the boys working effectively together. Despite the rumours of unreliable sources there has been no conflict between the boys. Morale is high within the boys which has shone though in recent results.

Good on em! As mentioned before, ISA would be dull if it always boils down to a two horse race. It's always a good thing having numerous teams vie for the top position.

counterruck44

Bob McCowan (2)
While its pleasing to see the boys from Orange be justifiably excited about beating a strong St Augustines team, I personally wouldn't get ahead of myself if I were them. With only one win from three there's still a long way to go for them. This year it's anyone's game, but given the pedigree of St Augustines and Oakhill, it's hard to look past them. However, I feel Stannies' win over an Oakhill team mourning the loss of Goddard and Anderson to their roster has been overlooked too, as they did defeat the reigning ISA premiers and look like they're picking up a lot of steam. Will be interesting to see how their clash with Kinrosss plays out, both schools pulling off major upsets. It's been an exciting season so far full of hard running, blistering tackles and heart pumping game play and I feel it's just getting started.
Looking forward to the always hard hit out of this longtime rivalry. Hopefully one to remember.

Outsideback21

Bob McCowan (2)
While its pleasing to see the boys from Orange be justifiably excited about beating a strong St Augustines team, I personally wouldn't get ahead of myself if I were them. With only one win from three there's still a long way to go for them. This year it's anyone's game, but given the pedigree of St Augustines and Oakhill, it's hard to look past them. However, I feel Stannies' win over an Oakhill team mourning the loss of Goddard and Anderson to their roster has been overlooked too, as they did defeat the reigning ISA premiers and look like they're picking up a lot of steam. Will be interesting to see how their clash with Kinrosss plays out, both schools pulling off major upsets. It's been an exciting season so far full of hard running, blistering tackles and heart pumping game play and I feel it's just getting started.
Looking forward to the always hard hit out of this longtime rivalry. Hopefully one to remember.
This is absolutely correct. Losing to An easy win like Stannies is extremely uncharacteristic of Oakhill and looks troubling for the rest of their season and I would hope that the boys pull it together for their next game as it will be quite important for them to bounce back from such a disappointing loss. The school is truly missing the strength of Goddard and Anderson, and what I've heard from my friends from Castle Hill is that the current 9 , Chipizubov, is struggling to fill the big shoes left by Goddard, making a few errors and he needs to focus on not getting put off his game by the opposition.

As for KWS there is still quite a long road ahead for them. Despite a shockin upset against Augies, They're still near the bottom of the table and are really missing the strength and leadership that players such as Cody Walker brought, who truly brought his team to another level.

Footy1212

Frank Row (1)
From what I witnessed on Saturday the St Pius 1st XV would give any 1st XV in the ISA a run for their money, especially considering one of their better players was watching from the sidelines. Would like to see the boys from Chatswood in the 1st XV comp next year.
Also, a note to the ISA administration --- please update your website.

any notable standouts for pius on saturday?

counterruck44

Bob McCowan (2)
Anyone have results for All Saints College Bathurst from Saturday?
Interested to hear how the saints are fairing in ISA div 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.