• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

ITA v CAN

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Bobby Sands

Have this game in a live multi, so I have become very interested.

I have a soft spot for Canada, but they don't seem to be playing as well at this WC.

For the Italians, based on my research in the last hour it looks like Tommaso Benvenuti at 13 is a genuine talent. In fact the 12, Garcia, looks to be a decent foil as well.

Tommy Allan at 10 is an interesting story. Capped at Junior level for Scotland, and schooled I believe in SA, he appears a great young pickup for the Azzuri. Can play from hand and at the line.

The young center on the bench Michele Campagnaro is also one to keep an eye on as he is supposedley a very dominant tackler. So based on all this, it sounds like they have the makings of a decent 3/4 line.

Aussy Luke Mclean at the back can play too, and should help organise.

The rusted-on forward pack will do their honest trench warfare impression as always. Parisse is out, but they will be led by the very good Ghiraldini.

As for Canada, I didn't have time to research them. But would be interested in hearing some intel.

Hoping it's a beauty!

maxdacat

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
That sealing off call against Canada was a bit harsh....just good breakdown support imho.

mxyzptlk

Colin Windon (37)
Canada playing some excellent defense in their own red zone. Problem is Italy keeps getting into the Canadian red zone.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
That's a great call not to card the player there, most refs would've despite the fact he didn't play at the ball.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Canadian half back needs to forget about the box kicks. They're not going to win by kicking the ball back to the Italians. Back yourselves boys and keep it in hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.