• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

James O'Conner about to be overpaid

Status
Not open for further replies.

waratahjesus

Greg Davis (50)
i would put it to the court that oconnor has about 1% the marketing appeal of lote.
im not being racist, but lote was big, black and had dreadlocks. gits and co all look the same, except for mortlock who looks like a criminal.
TPN should be the marketing dream, plus he is super smart!

if barnes came to the tahs i would have no problem with him earning 2 million though!

Scarfman

Knitter of the Scarf
wj, I agree with your first sentence.

I think marketability has more to do with being an ex-leaguie and less with being black.

The Force seem to have been playing for the female / gay dollar in the last year or so, perhaps JOC (James O'Connor) fits that profile better than Digby.

waratahjesus

Greg Davis (50)
thats right TPN is smart and awesome at everything, except lineouts!
surely we can convert him into a six or a prop, i wouldnt mind him and benn holding up the scrum!

the gambler

Dave Cowper (27)
I remember seeing that piece on the Rugby Club and he didnt strike me as being too bright but having said that he is obviously smarter than your average league player (said in best Yogi bear impersonation voice).

Perhaps he was just nervous but dont see him as having the personality to be a pin up marquee player.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
the gambler said:
I remember seeing that piece on the Rugby Club and he didnt strike me as being too bright but having said that he is obviously smarter than your average league player (said in best Yogi bear impersonation voice).

Perhaps he was just nervous but dont see him as having the personality to be a pin up marquee player.
Plus he looks 12 with a hairstyle like a dunny-brush!

Moses

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
He wears quite thick glasses, perhaps contacts are not working so well for lineout throwing..

waratahjesus

Greg Davis (50)
off topic, but on the pay scale, is there a reported figure thaqt bringing pretorius to australia has cost the force, if he is being payed more than 200 grand there is a major problem in this world!

Scarfman

Knitter of the Scarf
Moses said:
He wears quite thick glasses, perhaps contacts are not working so well for lineout throwing..

No joke, I wear contact lenses for contact sports, but wear glasses for touch footy because the perspective is better.

Status
Not open for further replies.