• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

JOC (James O'Connor) Gooonne

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Train Without a Station

Excellent point HJ. We've seen him play 10 many times in Australia. Other than 2008, he has never been a real solution. Lacks the vision and willingness to attack the line. Would surely be behind Cooper, Foley and To'omua as a 10 (Perhaps a better player than any of them though) here right now. Outside the Top 14 he wouldn't have the benefit of an international quality pack to play behind against club teams.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Good point about the pack, Toulon are easily the most formidable pack in Europe and always give him excellent ball which is why he's shined. You wonder how good the rest of the Aus backs are if they always got the ball like the NZ backs do.

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
interesting JOC (James O'Connor) subbed on at 10.

he is behind armytage, mitchell, smith, rudi wolf, habana (? others) as a back 3.

he may well play 10/12 at Toulon and then come back to play 14/15 at the Reds !

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
I could look like Dan bloody Carter playing with Toulons Forwards and Outside Backs.

Now, it's not a slight on any of those players. But it's ridiculous how strong the team is.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
New info is that he's still signing with the Reds (leaving Toulon in December) but has signed with Toulon after the World Cup. Guess all will be revealed on Friday.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
The dudes a douchebag but if he's up front about all of this then I think if prefer that to a guy who says all the right things to score a contract and then fucks off 2 years later.
But really until I see him run out in a Reds jersey etc I'm not going to get too excited either way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
So the two year deal will be for all the Reds games for the rest of Calendar year 2014 and all of 2015 until RWC 2015 is over. That is a deal that spans two years.

Then after Link parachutes him into Wobs for RWC 15, and we bring Bill back here, he will be off to Toulon for 3 NH seasons.

So he's sort of baaaaaaack, then gooooooooone again. If he is cynically here to use ARU to increase his brand for life post RWC then FFS, I'd rather let The Darkness retain Bill than cheapen our Brand to help BrandO'Connor.

Forget the Brand O'Bieber. Unleash the KHunt.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
Huh? You'd rather we not win the RWC just because we may have one fuckwit player on our side?!
That takes the cake. Wow. Just wow.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
And I'll add to that you'd prefer that the AB's win it, who will in all likelihood be fielding their very own douchebag in SBW.

Christ on a bike!

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
The dudes a douchebag but if he's up front about all of this then I think if prefer that to a guy who says all the right things to score a contract and then fucks off 2 years later.
But really until I see him run out in a Reds jersey etc I'm not going to get too excited either way.

While your technically correct, I can't help but think he would have better off keeping it quiet.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
Yep. The ABE in me is strong.

The Darkness over the Soap Dodgers any day (if it can't be the Men in Gold).
But that's not really what you said is it. I just find it amazing that because a guy is trying to maximise his income and being a dickhead about it you call him out for being cynical and not really giving Australian rugby the respect it deserves and then in the same sentence you forget your loyalty to your national team and hope the kiwis win it. Just seems a bit hypocritical.

Status
Not open for further replies.