• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

JOC (James O'Connor) Gooonne

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
While your technically correct, I can't help but think he would have better off keeping it quiet.
Probably. That's what has everyone in a big tizzy though. No one has actually said anything as far as I can tell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
But that's not really what you said is it. I just find it amazing that because a guy is trying to maximise his income and being a dickhead about it you call him out for being cynical and not really giving Australian rugby the respect it deserves and then in the same sentence you forget your loyalty to your national team and hope the kiwis win it. Just seems a bit hypocritical.

You're a bloody weird specimen of a Queenslander, you know that? Most of you wanted to lynch all those players who headed to the Western Force for money, but you're happy to have JOC (James O'Connor)?

Jeez I understand things up there need bolstering, but a guy who is walking in for a year, then planning to leave, isn't much chop quite frankly.

Its the nature of professional sport I suppose, but if I was the ARU I'd tell him to fuck off.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
I never said I was happy to have him. Desperation does change ones perspective somewhat though.
All I was saying is, if he was planning on only coming back for 1 or two years then taking off again it would be slightly better if he was up front about it.
If the Reds or ARU still want him knowing that then no harm no foul.
But yeah, not the first time I've been called weird. ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mst

Peter Johnson (47)
New info is that he's still signing with the Reds (leaving Toulon in December) but has signed with Toulon after the World Cup. Guess all will be revealed on Friday.

Should an Australian provincial deal not be forthcoming, O’Connor would likely exercise an two-year option on his current deal with French Top 14 champions Toulon.

“Initially, anyway, an Australian province needs to want to hire me. But there is no guarantee I’ll be included in the squad for the World Cup. If they don’t plan to pick me, I’ll stay at Toulon next winter.”

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport...world-cup-claims/story-fnii0ksb-1227032684151

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
New info is that he's still signing with the Reds (leaving Toulon in December) but has signed with Toulon after the World Cup. Guess all will be revealed on Friday.

Phase 1 has been achieved. He's baaaaaaaack and Red.

Phase 2. Any news on his intentions life post RWC? Is it all Parlez vous Francais?

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
So that will be Season 2015 and 2016 in Red.

2017 is ?

Is he hoping for a tilt at gold as part of the 2016 Olympics Rugby 7's squad?

Billy Pulver didn't seem all that interested in his return to Gold compared to their investment in KHunt.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Yep he should have pointed out how the Reds were all wrong for him.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk

Or maybe he could have refrained from talking about what's best for him at all. It's been a large part of his problem in the past. Remember how moving from the Force to the Rebels was going to be good for his brand?

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
jamesoconnerrofl2_zpsd4c9c754.jpg

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
Mr O'Connor

That's part of the problem I think. The latest in a long line of families giving poor advice to their young and famous sons/daughters. I recall Lleyton Hewitt was like that early in his career. He turned out OK in the end, but was as much of a douchenozzle as JOC (James O'Connor) at the same age.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
Damn if he does damn if he doesn't.. His back with a team that won't take his ego.. And he lost his wallaby jersey.. He will be alright..

Status
Not open for further replies.