• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

JOC (James O'Connor) arrested

Status
Not open for further replies.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Rabbit showing the influence of that league scholarship he had. J
;)

Actually harsh. Punched in a gold coast night club. Told by the coppers to move along (go home) was found still in the area later so the cops took him in.

Has already had a meeting with the ARU (including Deans) and they have come up with some tailored program of responsibility including a mentoring program.

Not much of a story but it would seem it is being well handled by the authorities.

R

rugbywhisperer

When those pesky police varmits on the Gold Coast say to move on - they mean it. Big source of revenue these days. Everyone thinks 'well I'll just go to nother bar'. Don't work, they wait for ya.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
So he gets hit by some tool. the police ask him to move along. he moves a bit but not much they see him he gets $150 fine and a mentoring programme! Ripped off!

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
It must be said though, even with tongue in cheek, that its another Force boy in trouble.

B

brokendown gunfighter

he was staying with his parents at the time.It must be their fault ;D

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
rugbywhisperer said:
When those pesky police varmits on the Gold Coast say to move on - they mean it. Big source of revenue these days. Everyone thinks 'well I'll just go to nother bar'. Don't work, they wait for ya.
Saw exactly this 6 weeks ago when up there for the weekend. 1 bloke in a bit of bother, decides to try to out-argue 3 cops. Doesn't quite pull off the tricky move. His mate then wanders over to get involved, gets told to "move on" (exact words). Moves 10 feet away, then 3 new cops appear and decide he'd be better moved on to the waiting van!! Great street theatre I have to say! ;D We were careful not to laugh too much lest we be moved on also. :eek:

R

rugbywhisperer

Basically in the Surfers paradise precinct when they say 'move on' they really mean "piss off home and we don't want to see you again tonight".

Scarfman

Knitter of the Scarf
Who has ever taken that advice? One's decision-making abilities are usually a bit reduced at that point.

T

TOCC

they do explain what they mean when they say it, they clearly explained that you must not be seing back in the area at all..

i know from personal experience, only a fool could misinterpret what they mean

R

rugbywhisperer

TOCC said:
they do explain what they mean when they say it, they clearly explained that you must not be seing back in the area at all..
i know from personal experience, only a fool could misinterpret what they mean
Quite correct, they do leave you with the impression that to defy is to ask for trouble, but as they usuallyhave a skinfull and/or feelpersonally not a fault they feel it is their 'right' to hang around.
It happens every night here.

Status
Not open for further replies.