• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

JOHN EALES MEDAL 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I reckon Michael Hooper will win but Will Genia could be pretty close.

He didn't play against England which will cost him but he should score decently at the RWC and very well through the Rugby Championship.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
I don't think the GAGR Player of the Year voting has ever been an indication of the John Eales Medal (aka "The Palu Factor") but if it was it'd be a three horse race between Hooper, Pocock and Genia.

Strewthcobber

Mark Ella (57)
How does the JEM handle suspensions? Is it a show stopper like the Brownlow?

Probably won't affect anyone this year but I'm still curious?

The torpedo

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Quade could make a late charge considering his form in the RC and possibly finish top 5.
Don't reckon he'll win though

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Quade could make a late charge considering his form in the RC and possibly finish top 5.
Don't reckon he'll win though

he won't get anywhere near the top 5 I reckon. I don't think his RC was that special personally. Solid, not outstanding.

KevinO

John Hipwell (52)
Does it count the World Cup or was that last years? If so McMahon to be top 5 just for the 3 games late last year where he got MOTM.

Would expect Hooped to win, Genia second and Folau to sneak into 3rd ahead of Pocock.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Yep RWC too (and that USA game I think) so you are right, McMahon will be right up there

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
Actually I forgot it included the RWC so that's probably why, it's actually more of a surprise that Folau is there.

Strewthcobber

Mark Ella (57)
Hall of fame inductees
  • Jack Ford
  • John Solomon
  • Peter Johnson
Referee of the Year - Angus Gardiner
U20 player of the year - Tyrel Lomax

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
amazing that two players supposedly as "shit" as Hooper and Foley can be judged as two of the top three wobs this year ....................

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Foley would've polled well from the RWC..........

Pocock too, but lack of game time this year will surely cost him.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
Yeah FP I don't get the Hooper hate. If the rest of the pack had his work rate we'd be fucking world beaters. He's a champion, who would be revered in pretty much every other rugby nation on Earth (maybe apart from NZ).

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
1e839db8f253fcbae00f691c23cb5263.jpg

Photo courtesy of Christy Doran on Twitter.

The top 10 final count.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.