• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

John I Dent Cup 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Vikings leading 14-6 at halftime, but Royals have had more of the play.

1 YC for the Vikings.

Grant Jones

Ted Fahey (11)
Well done to Vikings in the top grade, they continue to raise the standard and it is something we are continually trying to get to. Am pleased with how our other grades went on Saturday, it was reward for a good season for our club. Unfortunately colts came up against a Vikings team that were too good. Second grade dominated which I enjoyed watching, our defence in the second half was unreal. Gungahlin did their best with a stacked team in 3's but I think our superior fitness and teamwork won it for us. 4th grade was a joke, how senior grades can be joint premiers is beyond me, and the refereeing in this game was poor to say the least.

Toby Spencer

Stan Wickham (3)
First grade game was very entertaining, certainly shows the talent of the local competition. Tim Cree and Siliva Siliva were probably my pick of the bunch, the backs didn’t really have much of an opportunity to stand out. Really disappointed at the end of the game when the Vikings players and trainers ran on the field and starting ‘flippin the bird’ to the Royals supporters. The Royals crowd was very vocal and I can understand the frustration from some of the players on the field but I thought it was very unnecessary.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Quit it.
Any more allegations / accusations and crap will be deleted.
Talk about the footy, not the "off-field" stuff, which is always more opinion and hearsay than representative account.
It always gets personal and people get themselves banned.

BlueBagger

Allen Oxlade (6)
I agree mate but if that clown is going to make accusations like he did, i am going to defend them.

I only mentioned a situation that is clear on the video and wanted to express my disappointment, that is all.

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
First grade game was very entertaining, certainly shows the talent of the local competition. Tim Cree and Siliva Siliva were probably my pick of the bunch, the backs didn’t really have much of an opportunity to stand out. Really disappointed at the end of the game when the Vikings players and trainers ran on the field and starting ‘flippin the bird’ to the Royals supporters. The Royals crowd was very vocal and I can understand the frustration from some of the players on the field but I thought it was very unnecessary.

I wasn't able to go to the finals because of other commitments but from what I heard, it was pretty much Vikings vs everyone else in the comp eg. a lot of supporters from other clubs wore blue and were going against us.

Sometimes emotions get the best of us. Ask Andrew Mehrtens :)

Preety good day overall for rugby though.....

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Anyone with an association to ACT Rugby, past or present, should watch this.

Goes for about 25 mins but worth a look

Reactions: FTS
Status
Not open for further replies.