• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

John I Dent Cup 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

FTS

Billy Sheehan (19)
Royals do well in securing the services of Wayne Southwell as head coach next year. Experienced coach who did great things with QBN.

W

wrecking rider

wow thats big news... a return to finals action looking likely for the blue baggers!!

W

wrecking rider

They were not far off the mark this year and the installation of a good new coach is surely the next logical step in their march towards an elusive grand final win?!? just stating facts mate

Charlie Brown

Chris McKivat (8)
I am aware of a little movement with props at Vikings. I know of a couple that have headed overseas. And word of maybe a new second rower??

W

wrecking rider

i am predicting the top 4 (in no order) to be made up of:
Queanbeyan, Royals, Wests, Vikings/Uni

Independent

Herbert Moran (7)
Just wondering if anyone can give me some details / info on Nick McCarthy? From my understanding he coached the Whites 2nd grade in 2014. There are reports down here in Wagga which suggest he is coaching one of the clubs down here. No official announcement, just some rather reliable rumors.

Maulalltheway

Ted Thorn (20)
Just wondering if anyone can give me some details / info on Nick McCarthy? From my understanding he coached the Whites 2nd grade in 2014. There are reports down here in Wagga which suggest he is coaching one of the clubs down here. No official announcement, just some rather reliable rumors.
Last 2 seasons at the whites working with Sam French. One grand final win one loss. Worked well with Adam Fahey. 2 previous years at Uni norths 2nd grade. One of which was with Adam also. Elimination semi final losses both times. Is that what you're after independent

No.8

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Guessing Lala Lam will be back at Qbn?

Any idea where players such as - below - will end up? Or will these guys be fulltime Brumbies?

Sean Doyle
Lausii Taliauli
Mitch Wade

Do you think any will go to the Tuggeranong Vikings?

FTS

Billy Sheehan (19)
Guessing Lala Lam will be back at Qbn?

Any idea where players such as - below - will end up? Or will these guys be fulltime Brumbies?

Sean Doyle
Lausii Taliauli
Mitch Wade

Do you think any will go to the Tuggeranong Vikings?

I think I heard Lausi and Wade were returning to QLD and may just come back down for NRC, not 100% on that though. Sean Doyle is contracted so will definitely be aligned with a club, maybe Uni Norths as that is where McVerry was who he is replacing?

W

wrecking rider

Just saw the results of the 7s... It seems Royals definitely nailed it with their recent coaching appointment. Sign of things to come in 2015? #Royalflush
Any word on ins and outs at all JID clubs?

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
I think I heard Lausi and Wade were returning to QLD and may just come back down for NRC, not 100% on that though. Sean Doyle is contracted so will definitely be aligned with a club, maybe Uni Norths as that is where McVerry was who he is replacing?

Have to say I was impressed with Lausi Taliauli in the NRC game he played. A big strong runner who I think could go further. Would have liked to see him in the wider training group for the Brumbies (or whatever it is called these days).

Edit : Think the outside backs and 15 look a bit light on for the Brumbies. After Henry, Joe and Moggy there's Dargaville and not much more that I'm aware of. Someone like Taliauli could be valuable as backup.

W

wrecking rider

Hearing that Uni Norths have landed a number of recruits from other clubs in Canberra. Will JID start to reflect the SS with Uni becomming a superpower?

Status
Not open for further replies.