• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

John I. Dent Cup 2018 - ACT Premier Rugby

Status
Not open for further replies.

Istanbul

Vay Wilson (31)
Cheers BJ - no blow outs there but no upsets either. That's a fair effort from uni and looks like Easts bounced back well from last week. Any reports?

Green grass

Chris McKivat (8)
Another great effort by Uni yesterday pushing the blue baggers at Phillip. We’ll make the 4 and get close to the gf in my opinion.
Easts gave Qbn a scare and last year’s runners-up remain winless after another loss at the feeding grounds to Tuggies.
Anyone venture to Griffith or Jamo?

RoffsChoice

Jim Lenehan (48)
I was at Royals-Uni; Uni are clearly up for it this year (the perks of having a higher turnover of coaches and players), but I still think the top 4 will be Whites, Royals, Tuggers, and Easts (!!!). I'm happy to see a more competitive league this season, and one-sided results are now more the exception than the rule.

Istanbul

Vay Wilson (31)
I heard the sad news that Keith Hawke passed away on Saturday. I imagine it would have been an emotional day at Phillip. Thoughts and prayers to family and friends.

macka_au

Allen Oxlade (6)
Watched 1s and 2s out at Jameson.

Not much to report really. Both games went pretty much as expected.

in 2nd grade Wests went to uncontested scrums after the 1st one. Which probably gives you a bit of an idea about their depth at the moment. Sam Thomas crossed the line 3 times which would have been pretty special for the young front rower. Probably had a ton of energy not having to worry about scrums!

1st grade much the same. Wests came out hard early and scored first and it was pretty close for most of the first half but tuggeranong ran away with it in the end. I though Taula was really strong again, Henry was good playing his 100th 1st grade game for the club, taueki was solid. For wests rashe and leber were standouts as was big richie arnold.

Noteworthy: cameron holt was subbed off early in the 1st half with an injury, he was then forced back onto the field by the touch judge and then shown a red card. Not sure what it was for or why it happened that way but certainly one of the more bizarre things I've seen on a footy field. does anyone know what the card was for?

MonkeyBoy

Bill Watson (15)
Watched 1s and 2s out at Jameson.
Noteworthy: cameron holt was subbed off early in the 1st half with an injury, he was then forced back onto the field by the touch judge and then shown a red card. Not sure what it was for or why it happened that way but certainly one of the more bizarre things I've seen on a footy field. does anyone know what the card was for?

kneeing Blue #3 in the back, Foul Play report given, advantage was played and not gained by the time the referee had the details from his Assistant substitution had happened.

macka_au

Allen Oxlade (6)
kneeing Blue #3 in the back, Foul Play report given, advantage was played and not gained by the time the referee had the details from his Assistant substitution had happened.

oh dear, I imagine that probably carries a pretty severe punishment?

Istanbul

Vay Wilson (31)

Would have been awkward if he'd jumped in his car and took off before the end of the advantage..

Green grass

Chris McKivat (8)
Gungahlin vs Easts- Easts by 9
Royals vs Queanbeyan - Queanbeyan by 4
Uni vs Wests - Uni by 16

Looking forward to tomorrow. If Uni get up, it is a changing of the guard. The 'powerhouse rugby club north of Mooseheads/Private Bin' title is up for grabs, and I'm confident we'll get the job done!
Revised top 4 predictions for the first weekend of the finals: Was last weekend at Phillip a Grand Final preview?
1. Royals
2. Uni-Norths
3. Tuggeranong
4. Queanbeyan
5. Easts
6. Wests
7. Gungahlin

Istanbul

Vay Wilson (31)
Gungahlin vs Easts- Easts by 9
Royals vs Queanbeyan - Queanbeyan by 4
Uni vs Wests - Uni by 16

Looking forward to tomorrow. If Uni get up, it is a changing of the guard. The 'powerhouse rugby club north of Mooseheads/Private Bin' title is up for grabs, and I'm confident we'll get the job done!
Revised top 4 predictions for the first weekend of the finals: Was last weekend at Phillip a Grand Final preview?
1. Royals
2. Uni-Norths
3. Tuggeranong
4. Queanbeyan
5. Easts
6. Wests
7. Gungahlin

Don't know that unis will finish 2nd but I wouldn't bet against your predictions for this week and I hope the owls do find a spot in the top 4 and those 2 narrow loses don't hurt them too much. What's the depth like with the owls? When injuries set in and other clubs get Brumbies back will unis still have enough to go with them?

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Easts 24 def Gungahlin 18
Royals 28 def Queanbeyan 20
Wests 31 def Uni-Norths 13 (Down to 14 players for approx 60 mins apparently)

Istanbul

Vay Wilson (31)
That loss and the narrow losses against Royals and Tuggies will hurt the Owls especially if Easts can keep this run going. Good win by Royals- never easy getting the W at Campese!

Status
Not open for further replies.