• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Julia's Reign

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sandpit Fan

Nev Cottrell (35)
Must see viewing on 4 Corners right now.
About Eddie Obeid I presume? I'll have to see if I can get it online later.

Considering the machiavellian nature of politics and society in this part of the world (middle east), out-strategising the local boys in NSW politics would have been like taking candy from a baby (probably easier actually!) for him. Far better returns being the puppet master than the puppet, as more than a few recent puppets could confirm. The difference between thinking 3 steps into the future as opposed to about 20.

ACT Crusader

Jim Lenehan (48)
Four Corners is repeated on Tuesday night on ABC1.

ABC iview will have it on at least for the next week or two.

I guess with the power out of the Premier/leader hands to appoint the cabinet, the puppets of Terrigal were always going to get the gigs they needed to conspire to get gain. The fact MacDonald kept getting his ministerial portfolio back again and again is abominable.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
ABC iview will have it on at least for the next week or two.

I guess with the power out of the Premier/leader hands to appoint the cabinet, the puppets of Terrigal were always going to get the gigs they needed to conspire to get gain. The fact MacDonald kept getting his ministerial portfolio back again and again is abominable.
worth watching?

ACT Crusader

Jim Lenehan (48)
IS, I think it's worth a watch if you're a political junkie like me. There are a number of new things in there that I hadn't known even whilst watching the ICAC matters pretty closely.

As I type, Senator Bob Carr getting a host of questions in Senate question time

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
IS, I think it's worth a watch if you're a political junkie like me. There are a number of new things in there that I hadn't known even whilst watching the ICAC matters pretty closely.

As I type, Senator Bob Carr getting a host of questions in Senate question time
Well I'll see if I can get my ipad to talk to my apple tv and watch the iview version cos it seems I've missed it

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Screen Shot 2013-03-14 at 10.23.33 AM.png

I know its not scientific.
Maybe everyone thinks they're not middle class and that someone else is getting all the middle class welfare but not them (me included). i would have thought the SMH was a pretty middle class sort of paper.
But it makes me wonder if the general public are smart enough to have worked out, long before the pollies, that the handouts do nothing except entrench special interest lobbying and give us a much larger "core" of government spending.
http://www.smh.com.au/opinion/polit...has-cake-eats-it-too-20130313-2g0lr.html#poll

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I don't think Julia Gillard will be still be the prime minister in two weeks time. I'm predicting a leadership spill pretty soon.

So I jumped the gun a little on this one with my two week window but I still think it's coming.

There's plenty of noise in the press backing it up now too.

Bruwheresmycar

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Far out I'm sick of this crap. I actually haven't watched the news for weeks (well I watch fox sports and bloomberg) but nothing to do with federal politics.

It might be good if Rudd wins because then the political debate might shift to real issues rather than the constant sexist and dumb name calling we've seen for the last 3 years. I can guarantee the word backstabber wont come up once when Rudd is campaigning, because every person I've met who still uses that line in 2013 also thinks Gillard is a "fucking bitch". (and no I'm not defending her with the sexist card, if you actually believe the political debate hasn't been ruined by crazy people who see her as an easy target then you have very low standards of debate..)

But then again it would be amusing if she did win this battle and then won the election again. Just to see the faces of all the people who think all her pissweak policy reforms are going to drive this country into the ground, or some form of communism. Here's a hint, she couldn't do that if she tried. They'd probably compromise on key aspects of the plan and it wouldn't do it's job..... But hey, at least the "framework is in place" right?

The final straw for me (to stop caring) was when these media reforms came in. Opening the newspapers and switching on the TV I thought I'd see academics and reasonable advocates representing the press council or something examining the plans put forward. But no, all you see is the media giving 100% coverage to commentators who are comparing these pissweak reforms to every authoritarian regime - past and present they can think of. Yet this sort of behavior is a perfectly good argument TO regulate the shit out of the media.

They wonder why there is no young people interested in politics. I didn't even register to vote. It's because younger people can clearly see that elections are 100% dictated by the emotional reactions of the uninformed public to the propaganda and complete shite driven by the media. The obsession with polls proves this point. You can predict an entire election result by calling up 1000 random people who probably don't have a clue.

There is some light at the end of the tunnel though. It's also pretty clear that politicians are all puppets anyway. So those of us who work hard enough will probably end up as the puppet masters one day. Maybe then we can make a difference.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
The bookies have Rudd at $1.28 to win. Gillard is at $3.30 and anyone else is at $8.00.

They rarely get these things wrong.

Kevin Rudd will be PM again in an hour or less.

Status
Not open for further replies.