• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Julia's Reign

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rob42

John Solomon (38)
What an utter, utter mess.

Windsor, Wilkie and Oakeshott all voted with the Opp earlier to allow a vote of no confidence in the PM, having previously always voted against Abbott on those motions. Possibly the media reform shambles was the last straw for them.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
With apologies in advance to all other Simon's out there, you can't really have a PM of Australia called Simon can you?

What's all this about "I'm nominating myself for Deputy PM but I don't know who will be PM"?

Either grow some and go for the jugular and nominate as the leader/PM or STFU and if you seriously want to be deputy PM, wait for the leader to do show some courage and leadership and nominate themselves. At that point, then jump on their coat tails as their potential Deputy PM.

What a shambles.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
With apologies in advance to all other Simon's out there, you can't really have a PM of Australia called Simon can you?

What's all this about "I'm nominating myself for Deputy PM but I don't know who will be PM"?

Either grow some and go for the jugular and nominate as the leader/PM or STFU and if you seriously want to be deputy PM, wait for the leader to do show some courage and leadership and nominate themselves. At that point, then jump on their coat tails as their potential Deputy PM.

What a shambles.
Is this the end?
Do we have to limp on like this for another 6 months?

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Wonder what Crean would score in Grade 3 NAPLAN maths tests, 'cos he seems to know shit all about numbers.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Even the Titanic took an hour or two to break up and disappear, but you get the feeling that Simon has called "I, I, I, I, ICE, ICEBERGS AHEAD! "F" - "F" "F" "Full" - "F" "F F Full" "Full Ast.." "Full Ast.." "F" "Full Aster.." "Fark, it' t t t too late".

It is what it is

John Solomon (38)
I'm not a fan of Joolia, but boy we could do with her mental toughness against the Lions.
She counts numbers well in defence, and uses decoy runners well in attack.
While she can sell a good dummy (think carbon tax), she'd probably make a good hooker.
We've been missing a serious Ranga in our team since Poido but games will have to be at night for fear of serious sunburn.

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
Oh dear, just when you think that this could not get any worse, Labor take it to a new level.

This isn't over. Rudd positioned himself nicely with his comments to the media with all the Rudd charm (pomp I mean).

This will resurface after the budget has been handed down is my guess.

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
I'm not a fan of Joolia, but boy we could do with her mental toughness against the Lions.
She counts numbers well in defence, and uses decoy runners well in attack.
While she can sell a good dummy (think carbon tax), she'd probably make a good hooker.
We've been missing a serious Ranga in our team since Poido but games will have to be at night for fear of serious sunburn.
Mate if she organised it,the team would be in Melbourne when they should be in Sydney.
They would run out with odd socks on.
She appoint someone to sing the national anthem that didn't know the words.
The first 5 rows in the stadium would get 3rd degree burns because those fire blower things were incorrectly installed.
That's if the Lion's are given visa's, given she thinks they are taking Australian players jobs.
etc etc etc

Rob42

John Solomon (38)
Mate if she organised it,the team would be in Melbourne when they should be in Sydney.
The first 5 rows in the stadium would get 3rd degree burns because those fire blower things were incorrectly installed.
That's if the Lion's are given visa's, given she thinks they are taking Australian players jobs.
etc etc etc

And all the while, there'd be a rival coach from Queensland waiting in the wings, counting the numbers, then declaring his readiness to lead the nation, "not to put any pressure on Julia, of course". . .

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
etc etc etc
And all the while, there'd be a rival coach from Queensland waiting in the wings, counting the numbers, then declaring his readiness to lead the nation, "not to put any pressure on Julia, of course".
Listen this is a thread about politics - why are you giving factual accounts of the ARU comings and goings?

there's a thread for that.

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
You would have to think Kevin Rudd would be pretty chuffed with today's outcome. He really didn't come off looking any worse. The clusterfuck that was today will have further ramifications for Labor in the polls, coupled with the MP (Moana Pasifika)'s now heading away from Canberra for 2 months. Those MP (Moana Pasifika)'s in marginal seats who were wavering or undecided will spend time away from the machinations of the factional machine and slowly come to the realisation that their only chance of success is to play their wild card....Kevin Rudd.

Elfster

Dave Cowper (27)
I imagine that the person most happy about today would be Tim. He retains his title of the "First Bloke" and the person who wakes up with a smile and that first vision of Julia each morning as she rolls out of bed and, laden with the best exotic lingerie Target can supply, lopes over to the "smallest room in the house" to shed a few kilos whilst making peace with the world.

And, as he retains that favoured title of the partner of the PM, he continues to get freebies to various sporting events. It would have been too cruel for him to have lost those rights with the start of the AFL imminent.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
I'd like to claim credit for this, but heard it on the radio

"Quickest game of Simon Says ever".

"Rudd fails SCrean Test"

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
At one point the bookies had Gillard at $6.00 and Rudd at $1.10. I rang a mate who I know has a betting account and told him to stick $10 on Julia but he wouldn't be in it. And this is from a guy who had $10 on the Force at $7.50 on Saturday night.

You know your days are numbered when a guy who bets on the Force won't put $10 on you.

Done that

Ron Walden (29)
You would have to think Kevin Rudd would be pretty chuffed with today's outcome. He really didn't come off looking any worse. The clusterfuck that was today will have further ramifications for Labor in the polls, coupled with the MP (Moana Pasifika)'s now heading away from Canberra for 2 months. Those MP (Moana Pasifika)'s in marginal seats who were wavering or undecided will spend time away from the machinations of the factional machine and slowly come to the realisation that their only chance of success is to play their wild card..Kevin Rudd.
No way.
Rudd had his chance & blew it.
That's the end of Rudd.

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
In a couple of months if Jooolia can't turn it around, there are a heap of back benchers that are doomed if they allow her to stay on.
Don't ever under estimate self interest.

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
That particular heap of backbenchers are doomed whomever's at the wheel. Labor will probably lose about 10 seats in New South Wales but I wouldn't be surprised if they pick a few up in Queensland, Victoria and South Australia. WA? They've only got three there, doesn't really count.

Rudd's ship has finally sailed, I reckon he won't stand at the next election. Julia should get rid of him and appoint him as ambassador to Peking, Kev couldn't resist.

Status
Not open for further replies.